Recommendation for a hose reel please

I've got a 30M hose on order, wondering if anyone can recommend a hose reel for it, one that's like a cart or that just stands on the ground, I don't want to hang it on the wall.

The Hozelock ones sound a bit dubious?

Thanks

Reply to
Murmansk

They're not brilliant

Claber perhaps?

Andy Burns

best hose reels are car wheels. Last forever.

Reply to
Animal

Good for on a wall, but for mobile use, you'd need to build a stand for the wheel and, unless it was an old Mini or a trailer wheel, it'd be heavy.

Reply to
Steve Walker

we have a B&Q version of the hozelock one, on wheels, and it works fine. We also have a few of the Hozelock wall mounted auto return ones which apppear to need adjustment after a few years, and a few of the ordinary Hozelock wall mounted ones, all of which all work fine. We have an aluminium wall mounted one, over 25 years old and apart from the paint flaking off is still going strong. They are no longer available, were pricey in their day and I suspect most people went for cheaper ones, false economy ?

Reply to
fred

I found them all to be pretty pathetic so made my own.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Rogers

Thanks for those

In the end I ordered a Gardena one from Amazon in France that was half the price of here and only seemed to be £7 postage

Reply to
Murmansk

I tend to agree.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'll be interested to know if, or how much duty is charged coming into the uk. Mike

Reply to
Mike Rogers

Mike Rogers wrote

Amazon know the VAT/Duty rules, so assuming it's not gold plated, it will be nothing.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The last thing I bought on Amazon that came from Europe, it seemed to go to Scotland first and then be sent to me from there so it looked like it hadn't come from abroad.

Reply to
Murmansk

If it is imported from the EU he will be charged VAT and possiby duty also.

Reply to
fred

My "not gold plated" comment assumes it is under £135, in which case the VAT will have already been paid at point of purchase, not due at point of import, and there will be no duty payable ... as I said, Amazon will handle it.

Reply to
Andy Burns

For orders sold by Amazon dispatched within UK, UK VAT will be applied, at the appropriate rate. For orders dispatched outside of UK, VAT may be applied in the destination country/region, or the UK VAT amount may be deducted from the price and replaced with Import Fees Deposit.

In other words you're still screwed.

Reply to
fred

Has it arrived yet?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Rogers

Oddly enough it came today, about a week or ten days earlier than the Amazon estimate. Nothing further to pay. Seems fine, German engineering made of plastic!

Reply to
Murmansk