Make a handheld Vacuum Cleaner an Anti-Static tool?

I've got a cheap (£25/$30) hand held bagless 500W vaccum cleaner made out of ABS plastic that must create a lot of static electricity when in operation.

I'd quite like to use it to clean dust out from electronic equipment.

From another vacuum cleaner (industrial photo-copier maintenance thing) I have a short conductive hose and various end tools, so I'm almost there; but I need to ground something - possibly the hose coupling to the cleaner.

Would that work? Or would the passing air circumvent it, and become charged anyway.

If so, I think I might need to make conductive and internally ground parts of the vacuum cleaner, using metal loaded paint and/or aluminium tape. Work that I want to avoid if possible.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Just do it. Air is not going to zap electronic gear.

Reply to
John Larkin