Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Anyone got experience of using a small vacuum cleaner such as this one:

B&D Dustbuster PD1200-GB Flexi Hand Vac

aware this model is available elsewhere at much lower prices.)

Opinions very welcome. And they are usually not in short supply. :-)

Rod

Reply to
polygonum

They are great for cleaning crumbs off surfaces but very limited in general use. eg. You slice some bread leaving the crumbs on a surface. Get a pan and brush and faff around with it, chucking bits everywhere or use a vacuum and easily remove the bits with little trouble.

Reply to
Ericp

I rather thought as much.

Well maybe the Makita one would be a bit better?

polygonum

"This tool is supplied in a body only format, no batteries or charger."

=A345 quid plus battery and charger...

We have a B&D DustBuster 7.2v, quite handy for small cleaning jobs and for holding under drills when drilling a hole in a wall to catch the dust. Battery life is measured in minutes and there is no "charge" indicator.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I saw it as a justification for getting an 18V Makita tool of some sort.= =

:-)

Gets a good review on Amazon.

But yes - very expensive. To begin with I thought there were only going = to =

be a few makes/models - now I am getting overwhelmed by them - De Walt, = =

Nilfisk, Draper, DirtDevil, Dyson, Hoover, Vax, ....

Rod

Reply to
polygonum