Putting patio doors in Compton Garage by removing some panels

I have inherited from the previous owners of my house a hideous Compton sectional garage, 14 feet wide and 20 feet long. With limited budget (none!) I cant get rid of it, so have a plan to 'make it a bit better'. My idea is to remove 4 or 5 of the front sections and put in patio doors and render the pebble dash on the remaining panels. Has anyone ever done this? thoughts anyone?

Reply to
Sue Trying to DIY on my own!

Friend moved his to the end of the garden and turned it into his office/shed with windows and doors as you suggest. With trellis and plants growing up the outside it looked good and worked fine once electricity was laid on. He partitioned it inside and the garage doors end was the shed for easy access and the rest his office. Then the kids came along and took it over as their den/play room.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Friend moved his to the end of the garden and turned it into his office/shed with windows and doors as you suggest. With trellis and plants growing up the outside it looked good and worked fine once electricity was laid on. He partitioned it inside and the garage doors end was the shed for easy access and the rest his office. Then the kids came along and took it over as their den/play room.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

I've got one of those. On a bad day there's water running across the floor, it's damp, cold, and I'm not convinced the asbestos cement roof is something I'd want to live under.

Planning permission for the replacement (warm, dry!) is in place...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris