toilet ventilation into stairwell

Enviromental health Scotland tells me i cant extract a toilet fan into the close of a tenament building it has to be extracted into the open air.

Can anyone confirm this as i cant find any info.

Is this a building reg for existing installations as well as new ones?

Thanks.

Reply to
Mr Jimmy

replying to Mr Jimmy, Iggy wrote: Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, just because you're an 2774653 doesn't mean you can nor should be able to share what comes out of your 2774653. It's a regulation older than you and yes it makes all the sense in the world to not inflict your stench upon the unwilling public. See the International Code Council's Chapter 4 Section 401.6 and by clicking the right pointing arrow at the end of the green bar also see Chapter 5 Section 501.3 at

Iggy

Hi Iggy, welcome to Usenet. You might like to look at the information available on how to read newsgroups, and also look carefully at the dates on the things you are replying to. This is the only recent one! Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

replying to Vir Campestris, Iggy wrote: Thanks and Yeah, I know about the dates (though I don't agree with the dating aspect of any question), the mega-trolls ItJoanNotJoann and Trader_4 have made it clear how it upsets their OCD trolling. I lent what I thought might be useful to the threads for passersby...don't worry there's a few dozen more new and newer ones I've addressed. Usenet? I haven't been on that in decades, I'll have to look into it as I'm accessing these questions via Home Owners Hub's website.

Reply to
Iggy

Yes, I noticed :P

They're leeching content off usenet, and posting it back onto their web site, complete with adverts. There have been a _lot_ of _really_old threads posted back to uk.d-i-y with no context at all, some of them up to 15 years old. Apparently they pick a thread at random, and highlight it... uk.d-i-y is far more active than this group, but does tend to go off topic. But there are some people there who _really_ know their stuff.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

replying to Vir Campestris, Iggy wrote: Leeching or Expanding your reach? I'd think you old-world usenet-ers would appreciate a bigger stage. As far as I've seen, no internet search engine returns usenet content...don't promote or discuss usenet are still rules, right. You've had real spot-on answers, you should want the right information out there combatting the nonsense.

Reply to
Iggy

replying to Mr Jimmy, Iggy wrote: Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, just because you're an 2774653 doesn't mean you can nor should be able to share what comes out of your 2774653. It's a regulation older than you and yes it makes all the sense in the world to not inflict your stench upon the unwilling public. See the International Code Council's Chapter

4 Section 401.6 and by clicking the right pointing arrow at the end of the green bar also see Chapter 5 Section 501.3 at
Mr Jimmy

replying to Mr Jimmy, Iggy wrote: Oh, sorry about the indictment, you should've been more clear. That's really too bad, but keep in mind that Environmental Health is only answering based on what they oversee and won't suggest any remedies or other Departments. There are most definitely Nuisance Laws and Building Code Laws. Your next attempts should be at the Police and the Building Department.

If, as I presume you asked the Landlord to address the situation and even the other tenant to use a window, charcoal filter or to consider you in some other way. For example, would they let you attach a flexible Clothes Dryer Vent Tube and direct the offense outdoors or let you hire and even pay for a Contractor to remedy the situation properly? You'll have to move out if the answer's no everywhere.

Reply to
Iggy

[...]

replying to Mr Jimmy, Iggy wrote: Just a warning and I'm sorry I can't give you a definite fix beyond you paying to vent the close area. The Police may respond with _"that's Civil not Criminal". _This means they aren't interested in doing their job, since it doesn't make them money nor get them on the news. I hope you don't get that response and wish you the best of luck in getting healthy living conditions again. Come back anytime with your progress in this situation or with any other questions.

Reply to
Iggy