Vacuum Cleaner Sucked my Socks

Hi While I was Vacummins today using Hose mode feature, my Vacuum cleaner sucked my socks. Its Eureka Smart Vac cleaner . Any idea how to repair?

Thanks Foz_m

Reply to
foz_m

Take the socks out. Repair finished.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Reply to
foz_m

Remove the socks. Seriously... there should be no other problem.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

If this is truly not a troll, you will need to disassemble the vacuum cleaner until you can get to the point that is clogged. Older vacuums were screwed together on the bottom. Newer ones may have a combination of screws and plastic tabs. Follow the path that debris has to follow.

It is not rocket science. Your other choices: take it to a repair shop, replace it. Seems to be the American way, and makes for interesting dumpster diving.

Reply to
DanG

Please explain a little more that what you wrote. How can I remove the socks? I am using Eureka 7975 Smart Vac. Will I need to unscrew the entire Vac to pull my Socks out? Please explain

Thanks

tra>

Reply to
foz_m

You will need to go at least as far as changing the brush, but you will probably need to go further.

Go to this site:

I did find this: 7700-7900 at
You will need the model number from the silver plate, not some fancy writing on the machine. I found no information on a model

7975. WHERE DO I FIND MY MODEL NUMBER? The model number on the cleaner is located on a silver metallic-colored rating plate that is placed in an area that can be found easily, usually on the back or bottom of the cleaner. In the example of the rating plate on the right, notice that the model is "4335" and the type is "DX". You would enter "4335DX" (without the double quotes) in the box above.
Reply to
DanG

Troll score -3.

First, there is no Eureka model 7975 Smart Vac. Second, remove the hose and see if the socks are stuck in the hose. Third, if not there, then look where the hose attaches. Fourth, if you still haven't found the socks, then they have joined the ones that the dryer eats in that mysterious sock dimension where no human has been able to properly fathom. Fifthly, replace the vacuum.

Reply to
Grandpa

remove hose flush hose with water from say a garden hose, hang so all water drains out before reassembly

Reply to
hallerb

remove and check the hose , you might need a broom handle to push through the hose to remove the obstruction.

Reply to
marks542004

what the hell was your sock doing on your genitals there are better ways to get a bj "thetiler".

Reply to
the sagacious dolt

. Are we sure this in&#39;t a troll?????? Seems like it! Socks should be stuck in the bag or the hose etc. or depending on type, in the motor itself or against a HEPA filter on the output. But if someone has to ask about something like this it indicates that they should take it for repair. Such an individual probably doesn&#39;t have any tools or the know how and will just waste the time of people on < alt.home.repair > asking questions about things that are obvious to most competent do-iy-yourselfers with the right tools. And then put it back together wrong! Oh: And pick up socks before vacuuming! You have another pair? Gee whiz our vacuum is about 40 years old (and looks it!). It gets new dust bag etc. and/or we fix some small item, from time to time.

Reply to
terry

imho:

Was vaccuming a room, and unknown to me, a suicidal sock leaped completely into my vacuum. This resulted in the brush becoming instantly locked, and the belt smoked and melted through. A lot of smoke, and I thought it was on fire.. After I retreved the vacuum from the front yard, I found that I had to unassemble the vacuum, remove the sock and replace the melted belt.

So that worked for me, one thing I will remember next time, start it up outdoors. The smells of burning rubber was strong after first fixing the vacuum.

This was my story, I don&#39;t have a eureka, I have a hoover, so you should reference your manual for any steps needed for belt changes.

tom @

Tom The Great

Grandpa First of all, there is a Model Number #7975. Please read Dan instruction he has outline. I found these very helpful to fix my Problem and Pull the Socks out.

Grandpa wrote:

Reply to
foz_m

Thanks a lot Dan G I could pull my Socks out. Vacuum Cleaner works great now!!!!

Thanks again

DanG wrote:

Reply to
foz_m

Obviously, the vacuum is not smart enough. You need to send it to school.

I have a foot-long pair of tweezers. I had no idea what use they would have when I bought them, but they are good for vacuum cleaners.

Reply to
mm