Insulation HELP

I tried to research and find out what I am dealing with, as I am looking to install fiberglass batts over this blow in insulation and make a storage floor to use the attic as storage space. But I can seem to figure out with what I am dealing with . House was built in the 50's There is 2 layers top layer looks like cellulose paper insulation as I can see text on portions of it , but extremely dusty. Underneath this is a dark gray material that looks like it has tiny small glass balls through out the material. I am full covered when entering the attic with a 3m 6800 full face mask while working up there. BUT IS THIS UNSAFE
On 15/02/2018 21:14, montekass wrote:

Could be shredded paper? Unsafe what way - it might be inflammable :( but you could take a bit to test.
You'll get better responses in uk.d-i-y, the problem though is you're using homeownershub which doesn't have a good reputation - a lot of people using it seem to be idiots, replying to 10 year old posts. If you can access newsgroups through a different method that would help.
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/about.html
Andy
On 15 Feb 2018 21:14, montekass wrote:

See... http://www.devanainsulation.co.uk/cellulose-insulation/ WE have this sort of insulation blown into our very shallow loft, and yes it is dusty.