Subject Author Posted Replies

Question about the Dewalt 733 thickness planer
I picked one up for $150.00. It's in great shape and came with 2 extra sets of blades. I ran a couple of test pieces through it and checked the thickness and the flatness against each other. All looks...

Leon, question on your bedframe drawer case.
Leon, Once your stuff is seen it cannot be unseen from memory. ;) Here is the last bed frame case you did. On this one it looks like you installed a false drawer front where the nightstand is. Did you...
4
4

Anyone ever built an Island-like Range Hood?
Hi, folks-- I'm seeking some inspiration here. To me, any plans for what I'm looking for are pretty difficult to come by. Some of you also participated in my "restoration of a tin ceiling" thread ,...
10
10

another free and opensource design program
SolveSpace - parametric 3d CAD

OT More Sharpening
My electric shaver was getting dull and grabby. In years past I bought a tube of sharpener at a small appliance repair store, but it was lost in the great flood. I do have a cake of "bobbing compound"...

The Birth Of A Dugout Canoe
18 minute video showing the difficult and time consuming process of making a traditional expanded dugout canoe using mostly traditional hand tools and techniques.
9
9

Resetting Full Extension Drawer Slides? - Knape & Vogt
A couple of years ago I built new drawers for my stick built kitchen cabinets. I used these G-Series Knape & Vogt slides: I also used Swingman's mounting method: Now, I don't use the full extension...
5
5

Finally Succumbed To the Barn Door Fad
Ever since the TV home shows have been installing barn doors in all remodels, the big box stores have started carrying them and the requests for installations have been pouring in to every carpenter...
68
68

Sanding and top coat epoxy resin
I made a large dining table for my wife. I have two coats of epoxy on it now. Some of the wood soaked up more resin and has waves in it. Question is; can I sand the resin and add top coat? Will it...
4
4

Library ladder
I am getting close to needing to build a ladder for my 10'+ tall book shelves. I'm probably going to go the less expensive route and simply build a lean-to ladder. Fancy hardware and wheels and bars...
32
32

Now Casting: 'The Handmade Project'
A new TV series from NBC Hosted by Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman "You could be a household hacker, a DIY decorator, a quilter, knitter, a scrapbooker, basket weaver, needle pointer, wood worker,...
8
8

Goodbye 'Rough Cut'; Hello 'Woodworking Past and Present'
Coincidence? Tommy Mac, April 7: "Believe it or not ..I will no longer be working on rough cut ..." Charles Neil, April 12: "Filming the pilot today for our new PBS Show, Woodworking Past and...
4
4

dead on the job and no one noticed
caught wind of a story where a guy went to repair the roof at a walgreen store and died while up there no one noticed and they forgot he was there apparently they found his truck in the lot after a...
29
29

Tommy Mac - rough exit from 'Rough Cut'?
"Believe it or not ..I will no longer be working on rough cut ..." "I quit" He appears bitter about it. He's was pretty terse with some folks who asked why; something to the effect of, "I don't owe...
29
29

Office Library and File Cabinets
It has been a while since I have posted any progress but the file cabinets are in the office on both sides of the double door entry. Two weeks ago Monday I bought wood to complete the tower book cases...
1
1