Office Library and File Cabinets

It has been a while since I have posted any progress but the file cabinets are in the office on both sides of the double door entry.

Two weeks ago Monday I bought wood to complete the tower book cases that will sit on top of the file cabinets and the carcass portions are finished. I have to build the adjustable shelves and varnish the face frames.

These are the back face frames to both tower book cases. If you zoom in you can see the rabbeted recess for the back panels and how they integrate in the corners to form the joints.

In the clamps, nice grain on the cherry panels, too bad that will not show in this application.

Done except for varnishing the face frames and adding the shelves.

A couple of days ago I began cutting the pieces for the center bridge, the portion of the book case that will hang between the two tower book cases and over the double door entry.

Here is the back face frame glue up.

The front and back face frames for the center bridge/cabinet.

A littler closer up view of back side of the front face frame. If you zoom in you can see that the Domino tenons invaded the groovess on the middle and bottom rails. I will level those Domino's out with a trim router so that the middle and bottom shelves will fit properly in the grooves.

Tomorrow I will complete the groves on the rails so that they intersect the groves in the outer stile grooves. Then all of the vertical and horizontal panels will fit correctly.

Questions?

Reply to
Leon
***snip***