Office Printer Table

A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table that I was going to build.

The links to the finished product.

The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the top and shelves.

Reply to
Leon

Didn't you get the email - it's a paperless society now ! .. and I don't see the slot - to feed the paper through ... .. otherwise .. Pretty Nice .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 1:12:35 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote :

It has been more than 15 years since I have used a bottom-feed printer (Oki data dot matrix). This design appears to have been purpose-designed and bui lt for more modern printers. Only if it was designed for mass production su pporting various obsolete printers would the lack of a slot matter. It appe ars to me that the one customer that matters is satisfied.

Reply to
rosemontcrest

LOL! is implied. You must be new here! ;)

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Love that barn-door design. Great work!

Reply to
Michael

Very nice, as always. What's the wood on the top(s)?

Reply to
krw

Nice!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Very nice, Leon. I like the contrasting colors.

If I may, Re: chair railing idea, it reminds me of a old dresser (without t he mirror) I stripped and refinished for use as a bedroom side table. I s uppose the back edge of the printer table is flush to its carcass, as is my dresser table. Despite the floor molding allowing space from the wall, t he top of my dresser table would, now and then, hit the wall, scratching th e wall/paint. I put two small stickum felt pads on the back edge, to keep the wall from being damaged. Should this become an experience you have, felt pads will work and not be readily seen.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Design question:

What was the rationale for the placement of the upper shelf? Was it an end user request or just based on the fact that "a few reams of paper will fit here"?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

There is a paper tray on the bottom of the unit and holds about 100 sheets. There is also a back single feed for envelopes or heavy stock or photographs. Oddly also a tray to print CD's. FWIW this is a relatively new design for Epson, the RT 7700. The ink tanks fill from much more inexpensive bottles. A full refresh of all 5 tanks cost $60. It came with two sets, 10 bottles of ink. Bought in early December and used at least weekly and printed about 80 Christmas letters with full art work on those pages. Tanks are approximately 85% full. My previous Epson cost $120 for a refresh of new cartridges and would be empty by now.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you.

Reply to
Leon

Yellow pine, and Thank you!

Reply to
Leon

Thank you, it was nice to build something simple for a change. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Thank you

Great minds!!! Yes the top is flush with the back of the cabinet for the exact reason you mentioned. The baseboard keeps the unit about 1/2" from the wall and allows the wiring to drop down behind the unit.

the wiring will be my buffer. ;~) Otherwise I do always have on hand

1/2" x 1/8" clear cabinet door bumpers.
Reply to
Leon

I'm the end user. ;~) The upper shelf is for the piles of paperwork that I get in the mail, that does not need to be filed away or thrown away yet, but always makes my desk look messy and out of place.

ALSO FWIW I got this design idea from Hobby Lobby. I modified with the extra upper shelf and probably built it better than the one at the store which had visible nail holes. Plus I built/designed it to my needed dimensions.

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, the InkJet printer market has changed a lot. Again. They didn't pay you to take that printer home, did they? ;-)

Reply to
krw

And it didn't come out all blotchy?

Reply to
krw

No, this is not one of those, it was $399.00, on sale. But I'm already about $120 ahead because I have not had to change cartridges already. I suspect that once I use the ink that is in it now I will be $$$ ahead.

Reply to
Leon

I used Verathane prestain sealer.

Reply to
Leon

Looks excellent Leon, super functional too 8^)

A while back there was one of those "top ten" lists of most expensive liquids per gallon. Although I couldn't believe some of it, among the various scotch and perfume concoctions black printer ink came in at number 8, blood was at #10. Of course this was followed a few weeks later by report of a crash involving a semi truck that was hauling printer ink. I was hoping they would mention the insurance claim numbers...

-BR

Reply to
Brewster