Office Printer Table

A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table that I was going to build.
The links to the finished product.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/46870314884/in/dateposted/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/46929316634/in/dateposted
The white is GF Antique White Milk paint. GF Cherry gel stain for the top and shelves.

Didn't you get the email - it's a paperless society now ! .. and I don't see the slot - to feed the paper through ... .. otherwise .. Pretty Nice .. John T.
On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 1:12:35 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote :

It has been more than 15 years since I have used a bottom-feed printer (Oki data dot matrix). This design appears to have been purpose-designed and bui lt for more modern printers. Only if it was designed for mass production su pporting various obsolete printers would the lack of a slot matter. It appe ars to me that the one customer that matters is satisfied.

LOL! <SARCASM> </SARCASM> is implied. You must be new here! ;)

There is a paper tray on the bottom of the unit and holds about 100 sheets. There is also a back single feed for envelopes or heavy stock or photographs. Oddly also a tray to print CD's. FWIW this is a relatively new design for Epson, the RT 7700. The ink tanks fill from much more inexpensive bottles. A full refresh of all 5 tanks cost $60. It came with two sets, 10 bottles of ink. Bought in early December and used at least weekly and printed about 80 Christmas letters with full art work on those pages. Tanks are approximately 85% full. My previous Epson cost $120 for a refresh of new cartridges and would be empty by now.

Yeah, the InkJet printer market has changed a lot. Again. They didn't pay you to take that printer home, did they? ;-)
On 4/21/2019 5:55 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

No, this is not one of those, it was $399.00, on sale. But I'm already about $120 ahead because I have not had to change cartridges already. I suspect that once I use the ink that is in it now I will be $$$ ahead.
On 4/21/19 12:06 PM, Leon wrote:

Looks excellent Leon, super functional too 8^)

A while back there was one of those "top ten" lists of most expensive liquids per gallon. Although I couldn't believe some of it, among the various scotch and perfume concoctions black printer ink came in at number 8, blood was at #10. Of course this was followed a few weeks later by report of a crash involving a semi truck that was hauling printer ink. I was hoping they would mention the insurance claim numbers...
-BR
On 4/27/2019 8:36 AM, Brewster wrote:

Thank you Sir!

I think some of the Chemo concoctions for cancer patients rank pretty high for price per oz. ;~_
On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 2:55:48 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Love that barn-door design. Great work!
On 4/20/2019 5:34 PM, Michael wrote:

Thank you.

Very nice, as always. What's the wood on the top(s)?
On 4/20/2019 9:38 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

Yellow pine, and Thank you!

And it didn't come out all blotchy?
On 4/21/2019 5:57 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

I used Verathane prestain sealer.
On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 3:55:48 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

Nice!
On 4/20/2019 11:05 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Thank you, it was nice to build something simple for a change. ;~)
On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 2:55:48 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Very nice, Leon. I like the contrasting colors.
If I may, Re: chair railing idea, it reminds me of a old dresser (without t he mirror) I stripped and refinished for use as a bedroom side table. I s uppose the back edge of the printer table is flush to its carcass, as is my dresser table. Despite the floor molding allowing space from the wall, t he top of my dresser table would, now and then, hit the wall, scratching th e wall/paint. I put two small stickum felt pads on the back edge, to keep the wall from being damaged. Should this become an experience you have, felt pads will work and not be readily seen.
Sonny
On 4/21/2019 9:44 AM, Sonny wrote:

Thank you
Great minds!!! Yes the top is flush with the back of the cabinet for the exact reason you mentioned. The baseboard keeps the unit about 1/2" from the wall and allows the wiring to drop down behind the unit.
the wiring will be my buffer. ;~) Otherwise I do always have on hand 1/2" x 1/8" clear cabinet door bumpers.
On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 3:55:48 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

Design question:
What was the rationale for the placement of the upper shelf? Was it an end user request or just based on the fact that "a few reams of paper will fit here"?