The TV cabinet/Mantel id done!

About one day shy of 4 weeks from buying the materials and I am ready to deliver.

End view of the bottom cabinet.

End view + a little bit more

The top mantel, the doors swing UP to open.

Full front views.

The bottom cabinet has 2 full extension soft close drawers and the center door has a fabric center panel. The fabric will hide the equipment and let the IR light penetrate.

Thoughts?

Fun project, even fun to stain as mahogany works well with stain.

Reply to
Leon

Very nice... As I went through the photos, flickr inserted an ad of some sort featuring a nice assortment of bundled USC. My hope is that a substantial portion of that money was yours from this commission!

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Thank you. No the only money I get is when I deliver the piece.

Reply to
Leon

Maybe one day you'll get good at this woodworking thing, kid. :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

Nice. A good latex paint will really make it look great. I'd go with a light blue and dark blue highlights. That'll increase the value too. .

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You suck!

Beautiful, per usual. Another stellar project for the archives.

Reply to
Swingman

I sure hope so. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Perhaps but I have about a 1/2 gallon on mint green left over from the previous cabinets that I built for my wife.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you , partner. :~O

Reply to
Leon

Looks like another perfect job to me. You continue to surprise me with your flexibility in design, as this project (to me) has a great deal more "craftsman" or "Stickley-ish" influences than normal.

Proof again, you aren't just another pretty face in the crowd.

=8^0 !!!

Great job. On this one though, I think it deserves a follow up with it placed and in use. I for one would like to see that.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Thank you Robert!

I plan on taking pictures and with the TV in place. Delivery Saturday morning.

Reply to
Leon