The gift boxed are complete.

This probably looks redundant..

But they now have 3 coats of varnish and are completed.

The veneered tops were interesting to work with, the walnut was from a scrap that I could not throw away considering the possibility of book matching the veneers. The figured oak veneers were a small length cut from the end of a 9' board that looks the same over the entire length. A lot more veneers to come out of that board.

Leon

They look great, good job. Recipients should enjoy them.

Do you date and/or sign your personal gifts? Just curious. Some of my f riends/family ask that I sign/mark and date certain pieces. I rarely thin k of them (projects) as that special.

Scrap pieces seem to always come in handy, down the road, that way.... mor e so for rare or figured wood, not so much for most of my plain-Jane scrap pieces, but I keep them, anyway.

Lately, I repaired (new rockers, new arms, new backrest top rail) and paint ed an old rocker, for my brother. Received the rush, today, for him to try to weave the seat & backrest. Too *cold to be doing much else, though I c leaned & sharpened a (garage sale) Bailey #5 plain, last might, as well as made a handle for a (Ebay) curved adze head and sharpened it.

Lagniappe:

*Listed on our local Craigslist, a snow plow for sale! Now, who in the hec k would have something as that, down here? .... And who, down here, would buy it?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Thank you sir!

No I do not, unless that is requested. I always have our all knowing copilot guiding me when I build and I do not want to assume full credit.

I find it difficult to throw any thing away. LOL. In our previous home of 30 years we had a fire place and the scraps made great fire starters. I learned almost the hard way to not burn scraps exclusively, that burns very HOT!

Cool!

Well it did snow a few days ago down here in Houston. ;~) Maybe again in another 9 or so years. LOL

Reply to
Leon