The latest bed is finished and delivered!

This is the second finished multi drawer bed that I have built since July. This bed is made of walnut and white oak and has 18 drawers.

Side view refection of double row drawers.

The completed bed in a freshly painted room, 30 minutes ago freshly painted.

And ready to be used.

The bed that was replaced, I had to relocate this one to another bedroom, It has a single row of drawers, 9 total. This bed is just shy of 6 years old.

Questions?

Reply to
Leon

The bed is gorgeous but the guy in the mirror ruins the whole effect.

What sort of drawer slides?

Reply to
krw

Yeah, I agree. Shame that dude has to ruin that gorgeous bed! :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

Both beds look really great.

Did you leave instructions for disassembly in the future if you weren't around? I'd really hate to see someone mess them up out of ignorance. (Or assy picts)? They'd be worth another 500 ;)

Reply to
OFWW

Découpage the instructions to the bed deck? The bottom of a drawer may be better but there is too much chance that it'll be found only after the bed has been destroyed.

Reply to
krw

I know, right? I hate to be in pictures of my work and don't quite understand those that pose with their projects. LOL

I attached, screwed 1/2" thick x 1.25" tall runners from one side of the bed to the other on both sides of the dividers. Topped those BB runners with 1/4" x 1/2" strips of maple. The drawers slide on top of those runners.

I added stops to prevent the outer drawers from going in past the face frames. The stops are taller than the inner/center drawers so that the hidden inner/center drawers will slide under the stops. Each drawer opening holds 3 drawers, left/center/right side drawers.

Reply to
Leon

It is a shame but the darn mirror made that hard to do. :~)

Reply to
Leon

Actually the customers, this time my son, watch assembly. It is really pretty simple. Remove the decking under the mattress and then remove the 2 bolts on each post.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you BTW! ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Thank you BTW! ;~)

Reply to
Leon

These beds bottom drawer units are large. They are approximately 80" tall by 77" wide, for the king sized.

Major parts are numerous drawers, 9 single layer, 18 double layer. 2 deck panels to support the mattress, and the head/foot boards. AND the bottom drawer unit.

Obviously the bottom drawer units have to be rotated 90 degrees so that the side face frames are on top and bottom. In this orientation they clear door openings by a couple of inches.

I just happened to have some carpet remanent pieces, one about 12 feet by 20 inches. We sat the carpet on the customers garage floor and the bed base unit on the remanent. Then we drug the whole thing up over the step and garage door threshold and into the house. From there around corners and into the bedroom. Worked better than furniture dollies. NO more grunting and groaning!

Reply to
Leon