More Actual Woodworking

So it is that time of year and I finally got the urge to work in the shop again. Again building boxes for Christmas gifts.

I have been sitting on a small chunk of walnut forever and decided to resaw into veneers and book match for 3 of the box tops.

With first coat of varnish.

For the other 8 boxes I am using a short chunk of that heavily figured white oak that I bought last year. Again I resawed into veneers out of a 22" long piece.

With first coat of varnish.

And all of the sides/top and bottom pieces. Once the boxes are glued up I will cut the top from the bottom.

With first coat of varnish on the inside sides. Yes I will be using Domino's to align the corners. You can see the mortises.

Leon

You suck with your giant drill press..... and sander.... and other sander. :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

What's in the cup?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Monster and Ice.

Reply to
Leon

I got the DP for Mothers Day several years ago. ;~) Other sander?

Reply to
Leon

The big blue monster to the left of the DP. Planer?

Reply to
-MIKE-

Beautiful wood and great work. What bandsaw do you use for the veneers?

Reply to
G Ross

15" Planer, the Drum Sander on the right is 22"/44"
Reply to
Leon

Thank you.

Laguna 16HD with a 1.25" Resaw King blade.

Leon

I think we all need to be on Leon's Christmas list. Really like that figured wood, too.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Come visit! You might get one. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

What's for dinner tomorrow?

Reply to
krw

I'll bring the beer!

Reply to
-MIKE-

DerbyDad03

Close. I drink the blue can, zero carbs. I can't drink sugary drinks.

Reply to
Leon

Y'all do it!

Reply to