More Actual Woodworking

So it is that time of year and I finally got the urge to work in the shop again. Again building boxes for Christmas gifts.
I have been sitting on a small chunk of walnut forever and decided to resaw into veneers and book match for 3 of the box tops.
With first coat of varnish.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/38752322961/in/photostream/
For the other 8 boxes I am using a short chunk of that heavily figured white oak that I bought last year. Again I resawed into veneers out of a 22" long piece.
With first coat of varnish.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/37865685725/in/photostream/
And all of the sides/top and bottom pieces. Once the boxes are glued up I will cut the top from the bottom.
With first coat of varnish on the inside sides. Yes I will be using Domino's to align the corners. You can see the mortises.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/26976458049/in/photostream/
On 11/30/17 5:27 PM, Leon wrote:

You suck with your giant drill press..... and sander.... and other sander. :-p
--

-MIKE-

On 11/30/2017 6:12 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I got the DP for Mothers Day several years ago. ;~) Other sander?
On 11/30/17 10:19 PM, Leon wrote:

The big blue monster to the left of the DP. Planer?
--

-MIKE-

On 11/30/2017 10:21 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

15" Planer, the Drum Sander on the right is 22"/44"
On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 6:28:09 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

They look nice.
What's in the cup?
On 11/30/2017 6:48 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Monster and Ice.
Leon wrote:

Beautiful wood and great work. What bandsaw do you use for the veneers?
--
G Ross

On 12/1/2017 12:33 AM, G Ross wrote:

Thank you.
Laguna 16HD with a 1.25" Resaw King blade.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/37878449685/in/dateposted-public/
On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 5:28:09 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

I think we all need to be on Leon's Christmas list. Really like that figured wood, too.
Sonny
On 12/1/2017 9:06 AM, Sonny wrote:

Come visit! You might get one. ;~)

What's for dinner tomorrow?
On 12/1/17 10:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

I'll bring the beer!
--

-MIKE-

On 12/1/2017 10:52 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Close. I drink the blue can, zero carbs. I can't drink sugary drinks.
On 12/1/2017 10:42 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Y'all do it!