Now Casting: 'The Handmade Project'

A new TV series from NBC Hosted by Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman

"You could be a household hacker, a DIY decorator, a quilter, knitter, a scrapbooker, basket weaver, needle pointer, wood worker, accessory or jewelry maker, doll maker, textile maker, shibori expert, potter, hand-builder, paper crafter, leather or denim worker, costume maker, an artisan or maker of any type? basically any super creative person who loves making things by hand..."

Reply to
Spalted Walt

Makes me wish I still watched TV.

I got to play a hand-made fretless banjo, yesterday. It looked a bit weird, but I was able to play it like I knew what I was doing (I don't). Still!.... I now wanna make a banjo! ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

I tried to log in and accidentally told the site I was 6. I wonder why you have to be older to view that page. Any way I am locked out.

I have seen the guy on TOH recently, he was telling Kevin and the viewers how to get into woodworking.

Reply to
Leon

My guess is it's a lame attempt to keep kids from filling out the application that follows.

It's a cookie thing, I just experimented with Chrome and Firefox and you're correct, it will deny access. However all I had to do was close, then restart the browser and I was allowed to retry/reenter. That worked on both Chrome and FF. I think I have both configured to douche cookies when exiting.

Reply to
Spalted Walt

I figured as much, thanks for the reminder, I deleted that cookie and am in now, showing my age a bit older. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Sounds like fun. I suppose they'd want you to follow their recommendation s, guidelines, etc., but I'd be inclined to, somewhat, want to follow my ow n shop routine(s) and ad lib, a bit.... it's what I do in my shop and 'most everywhere, else. Be oneself. If not me, my projects are entertaining, I like to think! I suppose they'd want someone with a clean shop.... that leaves me out.

That application is pretty darn detailed!

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Spalted Walt wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Here's my idea for a pilot:

Today, we're going to make our project out of Texas Mesquitte. It's got some drawbacks for the type of work we're doing today, but we'll show you how to work around them. You may notice our shop is spotless, that's because we use every scrap! Whatever doesn't go into the project goes into the smoker for some of the best darn bar-b-que this side of the Mississippi, heck, even on the other side you're gonna have trouble finding better!

"Smoke 'n Sawdust" It'd have to be an hour long show, half cooking and half woodworking!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I receive "birthday cards" by email from various sites at various times per year (I hope it doesn't age me prematurely)! ; )

Reply to
Bill

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 4:17:36 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrot e:

"Sawdust 'n Smoke"

Not only does the name flow better, but if you do the woodworking first, you'll have the scraps you need for the smoker. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03