Subject Author Posted Replies

BBC outside Broadcasts Why?
What is the point of spending TV license money Broadcasting outsides simply for the effect of it. What a load of garbage.
23
23

Gas bills: Calorific value delay
The past couple of months have seen my gas bill arrive late. Both times I've had to chase it up and then it suddenly becomes available. This month the excuse is that the industry was late in...
5
5

OT SF6 Very interesting topic.
I was involved, oil was mainly used. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49567197When
9
9

Non-reciprocal path on 4m fm ?
Nurse!
5
5

Anyone find out where to get a replacement fir tgus
Its an outdoor MCB enclousre with plkastic door that got too close to a bonfire... http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odds%20and%20Ends/box.jpg http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odds%20and%20Ends/box.jpg
13
13

iron-on name tags
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with iron-on name tags for elderly relatives going into residential care? Reviews seem to be mixed so wondering if it would be better to get sew-on ones?...
10
10

PC problem.
Got a fault on the old ASUS desktop. Running Win7. For ages at start up it has said CPU fan fault - but pressing F1 gets it going and it's fine afterwards. The CPU fan seem to run normally, and I...
33
33

My Bathroom sink
I'm replacing the tap and plug. The pedestal is very close to the tiled trunking that encloses the pipework. Perhaps why it's not bolted to the floor. Easy for slipping out then, to gain easier...
19
19

TOT Cleaning
Having seen 3 examples in the last couple of days - why in films when people are crawling around ventilation ducts they are always spotlessly clean and when emerging those wearing black clothing show...
19
19

OT Incredible model ship
Versuch einer Annäherung an den Stich von Payne

OT: Water Pistol
I want a water pistol which is good quality and doesn't drip. Not too big, mustn't look like a real gun, accurate but no need for a long range. This is for holidaying in Greece and keeping cats at bay...
43
43

Which Makita cordless jigsaw?
Which Makita cordless jigsaw has the best battery power and life? Is it bound to be the newest model?
9
9

Extending a cable with crimps
I have buried crimps in walls before. Whether or not they are legal is open to question. If wet plastering over, obviously waterporoof them
19
19

Sealing an old wooden front door
Just looking for some advice on how best to draft-proof my original wooden front door. It's the original 1930s door with the oval stained glass, which I don't want to replace, as it looks great. It's...
7
7

Removal of sockets (on a ring final cct)
Need to remove some double sockets in a kitchen due to rearrangement of where appliances are - some have to go. So looking for a neat solution that I can terminate (to keep ring continuity) within the...
9
9