TOT Cleaning

Having seen 3 examples in the last couple of days - why in films when people are crawling around ventilation ducts they are always spotlessly clean and when emerging those wearing black clothing show no signs of any dust?
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Yes i always thought this very odd as well. It was a favourite think in the 70s shows to see folk in ducts, Also it seemed the bad guy was always too thick to spot the size of an air duct grille in a room. If I wanted to keep somebody in, I'd make damn sure any screws on the grille were bloody tight. Another oddity you often got was a spider in there is fit was a lady in the duct, who bravely gritted her teeth to get past it, like how much of a clich? was that? Anyway, why did they need such big ducts in the first place? Brian
--
----- --

May have all started in a Bond film ?
michael adams
On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 19:29:44 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:

What about star trek and the Jefferies tubes.

A great big Dr No - 1962
Star Trek 1966 -
michael adams
On Wednesday, 18 September 2019 21:52:42 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:

The point was that star trek named them they weren't called ducts. I wonder who Mr Duct was. Maybe I'll go on dragons den with some Jefferies tape.

The inventor of Duct Tape, obviously.
After they found his tape worked so well on air vents they changed the name of those to ducts to avoid confusion.
Next question ?
michael adams
On Monday, 16 September 2019 23:30:40 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:

It depends on the filtration system (if any) and if it is upstream or downstream of the filters. Also depends on the level of maintenance.
So a ventilation system can be clean or dirty.
Yes, but all those apparently empty ducts with not a fan or filter anywhere? Brian
--
----- --
On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 18:30:27 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:

All those items are grouped together in a remote plant room.
On 16/09/2019 23:30, alan_m wrote:

A bit like the soaps on TV where all the boiler suits worn always look brand new and immaculate regardless of whether they have just serviced the tractor/cat/mucked out the pigs etc.
On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 09:19:17 UTC+1, Andy Bennet wrote:

when they do try and make actors look dirty, it's about as convincing as substituting a small toy car for a real one.
NT
That is a little unfair, unless something has changed in the last 14 or so years, in which case I could not think why. I'm told some of the bodies in Midsummer murders look slightly, ahem grubby. Brian
--
----- --

They don’t actually show any of the corpses in Midsomer Murders.

Not always, some years ago I could see that mechanics at a pit lane suspected of creating a fire were all in grease streaked clothing with the fictitious team name on it or rather them. That was CSI. Brian
--
----- --
On 17/09/2019 18:32, Brian Gaff wrote:

I note that many of the "staff" in CSI turn up at a crime scene full of core blood and bodily fluids dressed up in expensive designer gear, especially in the Miami franchise. Sometimes the script hints that being a CSI operative is not a well paid job.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Standard fair for TV. Everyone always has enough money to go to the pub, etc. Unless the script says they have a gambling habit or whatever. ;-)
--
*I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

In nearly all film and TV dramas, actors can be locked up in cellars cells or dungeons for days on end and never seem to grow any facial hair (the male actors anyway)
Another big gripe is obvious planing machine marks on wood used toi construct medieval buldings. I lasted all of ten minutes into the first episode of Game of Thrones (?2 charity shop) before the action moved to a courtyard constructed out of clearly machined timbers.
Plus their beautifully machined matching leathers outfits would have put Lewis Leathers to shame.
michael adams

Similarly ...
Car windscreens in films are often spotless, even after miles of driving.
Wooden floors are beautifully dust free, even though no one is ever seen cleaning them.
On 2019-09-17 1:17 p.m., Pamela wrote:

i guess it's because they don't have the internet