Subject Author Posted Replies

Dovetails
I was thinking of tying hand cut dovetails. I think this may be an easy one to start with
7
7

Sofa Table ReDo
Several weeks I mentioned that I was refinishing a sofa table for a customer. Unfortunately I applied the last varnish coat during a hot and humid day. It took more than 3 weeks for the varnish to dry...
8
8

Anyone in or near Glendale, AZ
Current (1) bid of $10. Sonny Lot - Assortment Of Festool Stackable Power Tools

OT: Are There 24 Hour Auto Repair Shops Where You Live?
Background: My daughter was driving from Vermont to Virginia when she had a problem wit h her brakes. At about 7PM she called me from Maryland and said she was about 2 hours from her destination. When...
41
41

Somewhat OT
A few weeks ago I had the inverter on my woodlathe die, again. This is the second time one died. The first time I found an exact replacement on E-Ba y for $400. It lasted two years. I did not want to...
2
2

I have a craftsman radial arm saw and I can not get the blade to move up and down the arm. It is frozen. How do I get it un frozen ???
Arm is frozen
2
2

Arbor Vitae
What are the characteristics of arbor vitae wood wrt turning or small projects? We have 4 very tall ones that are blocking the growth of some pines in our landscape. They are each over 30 feet tall...
2
2

Stain over poly
Help! I recently had new floors put in. They were ran through the circular saw to give an old look so I did not want the saw marks sanded out. The floor finisher had never worked with these floors...
2
2

Teaching Moment
Changing out a wall switch, I have my sister helping me. She tells me when I found the right breaker and I go up to change the switch. I tell her "just because you've turned off power doesn't mean the...
16
16

Wendell Castle: A Portrait - Coming to PBS in 2019 (Stack-Laminated Furniture Designer)
WXXI, the local PBS station in Rochester NY, spent a year or so creating a documentary on Wendell Castle prior to his passing earlier this year. Castle lived in the Rochester area and was an Artist in...
1
1

How To Build A "Flexible" Bench
My daughter saw these benches at a flea market and she wants me to build one for her: The bench she wants will be 5' long. The problem I foresee is that she rents the first floor of an older home...
33
33

want rotary tool kit with flex shaft at half price...
Hi, I am a new Amazon seller and my first post here. If you want rotary tool or accessories, pls inform me, i will send 50% off coupon code for you. My HSS cutting wheels, mini saw blades, wood bits,...

Where Marie Antoinette Went for Furniture
Below you'll find the direct link to the 15.7MB pdf. If you are using a web browser to access Google Groups on a PC, you should be able to right-click on the link and chose 'Save link as'. If you're...
5
5

Grizzly Prices
Those same consumers who's confidence is at a near record high? Like I said, it had to be done. The Chinese were and still are playing the game at a huge (yuuuuge) unfair advantage. But American...
74
74

Ping DerbyDad
Might keep an eye out for this Harden Furniture auction in McConnelsville, coming later. Items aren't listed, yet, but it states the facility has 45 0,000 sq ft of space, so there's likely lots of...
7
7