Where can I get a patio umbrella tilt joint? (2023 Update)

We have a non-tilting umbrella on our deck and it seems like a simple task to add the tilt joint and make SWMBO happy. I did a google search and came up with nothing. Anybody know where I can find these? I would think they must be available as a repair part.

TIA Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

I did a google and found this:

They have what you need!

Leslie

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

YOUR WELCOME!

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

Thanks for the link. I gave them a call and unfortunately they don't have any joints for wooden poles (which I neglected to mention in my original post).

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

??? Why the shouting and impatience? I'm not logged on 24/7.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

My apologies.

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

I think I may have found one link (I'm in the same boat as you... searching with every term and synonym I can think of). Not easy to find, and many posts showing "... they jsut want you to replace the umbrella.." So, found your post too - and have a new(er) umbrella - wood, with no tilt joint. didn't realize how much I wanted that feature when the sun is low.

Finally hit this link:

not sure how valid it is or how well it'll work, but thougth I'd share since it's the only thing I've found!

Reply to
bjohnson

When I can't find a specific product, I often go to ThomasNet.com and find a manufacturer... on their home page, you type in the main item (patio umbrellas).

You might be able to buy a part, direct, from the manufacturer or find out who their outlets dealers are and special order the part. Here are ThomasNet's list of manufacturers.... Anova Furnishings, Inc., Saint Louis, MO looks promising.

Maybe contact several of the listings and see what might be available to you, directly.

Who is your umbrellas maker, its manufacturer... does your umbrella have a makers tag? Maybe you can find and contact them, directly, from the above listing.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Forgot to give the link:

Sonny

fIt appears this question was asked back in 2003. Well, I need a umbrella tilt joint for mine and I am still finding nothing online. Did you ever get what you were looking for? I need to repair my otherwise wonderful umbrella!! PF

Reply to
PF

fIt appears this question was asked back in 2003. Well, I need a umbrella tilt joint for mine and I am still finding nothing online. Did you ever get what you were looking for? I need to repair my otherwise wonderful umbrella!! PF

Reply to
John

I'd try yard sales and take one off a crappy umbrella Even this place sells poles, but not the tilt joint

Ed Pawlowski

DerbyDad03

did you ever find a fix on your umbrella?

Reply to
mrledl

Did you see the link I posted on July 23rd?

DerbyDad03

Can't find the original message, but I have a free tilt mechanism I removed from my old umbrella.

Reply to
G. Ross

so how is it working out for you? where did you make the cut? how does the mechanism work ( push button)?

Reply to
mrledl

It came off my store-bought umbrella which I no longer needed. It is push button, was situated about 1/3 of the way from the top. It fits into a 1 7/16" diameter socket with a side screw to hold it in place. It might not work for your umbrella, but the price is right.

Reply to
G. Ross

replying to Wood Butcher, Fix Patio Umbrella Rib Tilt String wrote:

Quick and easy fix for patio umbrella tilt mechanisms. No Tools No No Solvents No Mess.

Reply to
Fix Patio Umbrella Rib Tilt St

replying to mrledl, PF wrote: No, I did not yet find a fix. Put it in the corner of the store room and there it sits...it is now 2016! Yikes, I forgot after a while to keep looking.

Reply to
PF