Rockwell 315 circular saw switch

Need a replacement switch for my circular saw. Does anyone know of a replacement for that original switch, number 843156 (or 876341?), or a source for it?

Reply to
Bruce

The OEM switch is probably unobtainium excepting, perhaps, finding a scrap similar saw on eBay or the like.

However, the local Ace hardware has a nice selection of replacement tool switches; on can generally find one close enough to make work. I'd think most places would have somesuch similar.

Sometimes, one can disassemble and repair the existing one if it's just a spring or other mechanical failure.

Reply to
dpb

I no longer have the URL but several years ago I order switches for my shop vac at Mouser Electronics - Electronic Components Distributor.

I suspect they are still in business and can be found buy a search.

I believe this is where I ordered the parts.

Even with shipping which as a percentage of the materials order was quite hight it was cheaper than buying a new sweeper or using a jury rigged system for the rest of its life.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

You mean something like this source?

Illustration Item 4 - 876341 - SWITCH - $27.43

Google - Coming to a town near you soon! ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Nevermind...Just read the legend. Obsolete, Unavailable.

As penance, I'll offer this:

Lot's of parts for $100:

DerbyDad03

Which is clearly marked as Obsolete, no replacement available.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

On 11/28/2018 3:56 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote: ...

The replacement tool switch selection at Ace (or other hardware stores with good assortment boxes) aren't jury-rigged solutions...more than likely there's one that will fit quite nicely--looking at the parts diagram, that one appears to be a pretty common shape factor...

Not that one can't often find something close enough online but might as well look for local options first.

Reply to
dpb

Took less than a minute, did you actually look for the part ??

Spalted Walt

Free Shipping:

Spalted Walt

Which I clearly pointed out 5 minutes later *and* offered an alternative as penance.

What do you have to offer?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

And of course everyone's newsreader sees all articles at the same time, and reads them in reverse order. Duh. Do you understand how Usenet works?

One of these:

Scott Lurndal

I believe that saw was originally made by Porter Cable. As such, perhaps a search under that name that might turn up parts otherwise missed...

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Probably this will work under the Porter Cable nameplate:

John McGaw

replying to Spalted Walt, Bruce wrote: Yes, I spent nearly an hour looking, including a long phone chat with one gentleman who gave me several options, which I followed and all led to zero. Thank you for this lilnk, I will pursue it.

Reply to
Bruce

Again, have you just gone to the local good hardware store and looked through their selection? There are those long rows of yellow (typically) assortment boxes of all kinds of odds and ends there for precisely this reason.

Here's a link that shows just a few random replacement switches...

w/ one specific that would likely be workable.

Then again, keep looking at more recent P-C saws until find one that is still available..

says it's a replacement for one of those numbers you gave earlier.

In the end, "a switch is just a switch"; there's nothing magic about the part number specifically, you just need one that has minimum current rating for the use and that will mechanically adapt to the location.

That's a pretty ordinary form factor it appears from the parts figure.

IOW, don't make it harder than it needs be...

Reply to
dpb