Best Image Posting Site

Is there a go-to website for posting pics/diagrams of projects for the other here to view?

I used to use Photobucket, but I guess we all know what happened with that site.

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
jamesjaddah1755

PhotoBucket is back with free local and remote hosting, but remote hosted images are watermarked now.

I don't know if ImageShack is still around, but I quit using them when they started hosting aggressive and invasive advertising scripts.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I'd be interested in such a site also. The last time I searched and tried 1 or 2 it was a big waste of time .. with registration & software & all the smart phone crap.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

You could subscribe to a news account at Newsguy.com for about $60/yr. It comes with a web site, and you can ftp whatever you want. I think $5/month is cheap if you use it--no ads, no BS.

Reply to
Bill

I would like to post about 10 - 20 pics per year .. 60 bucks US dollars isn't cheap ! Many of these sites are meant for people who want to store & organize all their photos - hundreds and hundreds ... 60 bucks works for them. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I us

Free and you can post with no advertising

Decent quality too

Ed Pawlowski

imgur.com

Free, no spam, easy upload from both a computer and a smart phone.

My favorite feature is the availability of a direct link to an image that can be used in a forum such as this. e.g. My cribbage board project. No ads, not even a mention of the site. Just the image.

In under a minute, I can snap a picture, upload it, grab the link and paste it here or in an email or text.

For a series of pictures, I have used Google Photos. You can create a folder, upload a bunch of pictures and create a link that you can post or send to someone.

P.S. I grew up in Flushing. I spent more time on USCG Governors Island than Staten Island, but for a few months I drove to Staten Island every day. I spent the summer between high school and the Coast Guard delivering bagels for my buddy who owned a bagel shop in Queens. I once drove 110 MPH on the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge. I was running late. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What do you mean "can post with no advertising"? When I go to that page I see a photo titled "apple upsidedown" and ads for "This is the most Intriguing Game You'll Play This Year" (twice), "Most beautiful Slavic girls on the net", "1 trick kills erectile dysfunction" (twice), "Legal steroid gains muscle mass at any age", "22 discounts seniors get only if they know", and "realistic game for men"

FWIW, I've been using Flickr since 2006 (they tell me). Currently you can post 1000 free images or you can get unlimited for $50 a year. I don't see any ads when I browse my photos not signed in on a brower, I don't know what the apps show.

Reply to
J. Clarke

The first time I clicked that link on my Chromebook I got this screen:

The second time I clicked that link (seconds after the first time) I got your page.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I see no ads at all. I feel slighted that the Slavic girls are not interested in me though.

I wonder if it is because I'm logged in that I see it different.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I use google photos (formerly picasa). They have desktop and moble apps that make uploading pretty seamless and their editor is very good (from a layman's standpoint).

Reply to
-MIKE-

Thanks everyone.

I now have a couple of options I didn't have before. :-)

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
jamesjaddah1755

Reply to
J. Clarke

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

If it's woodworking related, you can post images to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Reply to
Just Wondering

... binary newsgroups were dropped from my usenet server - and many many other servers - about 10 - 15 years ago. Paying for a newsfeed that provides binaries - just to post or view a few pics per year ? - not , John T.

Reply to
hubops

And that's precisely why you have the choices that there are. I send Wikipedia some money around this time every year because I appreciate what they do. If you choose not to show any support for things, don't be surprised when they disappear.

Reply to
Bill

These days, pre-paid Visas (AKA "gift cards") remove a lot of the risks when dealing with services you don't fully trust.

I use giganews.com, though I'm told others are cheaper. (My wants and needs are pretty specific.) I think they carry any binaries groups that have not had legal take-down actions related to them.

That is to say that I recall some binaries groups from years back that were excessively youthful, and they are not in the groups listing I get.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

That got my attention, but going to usenet-news.com tells me they don't do usenet anymore. What site are you dealing with?

I have. They are pretty solid to the 3-year they advertise, but hit and miss before that. Several years back, they announced they were expanding the retention. I expected things from them foreward would show up. Maybe some did. The "old DVD" groups seem to be mostly just 3 years.

Reply to
Drew Lawson

Take a look at Astraweb.com I switched to them a year or three back and have just now renewed and purchased a 25GB block of downloads for $10 that is non-expiring. Excellent servers in multiple countries. Retention as good as anything that I've seen elsewhere. All binary groups.

Not a shill, no "commission" to me for the referral. Just sharing an excellent feed for dirt cheap.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused