92" BandSaw Blade

I took the old rusted bandsaw blade out of my 14" bandsaw, cut it, and measured it at 91-7/8", so I assume that 92" is what I should be looking for.

In an internet search I can esily find 91-1/2" and 92-1/2" blades, but not much in the way of 92".

Can I get recommendations on a good place to find a 92" blade mostly for use in hardwoods and premium plywoods?

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

Woodcraft can get you a new blade thru PS Wood, they can order any size bandsaw blade you might need, besides a very good blade, the price is not bad.\\

Reply to
Ken

Will a 91 1/2 blade fit over your wheels (bet it will)? if so, use it and tighten less; if not, use the 92 1/2 and tighten more. One eighth of an inch is more than a RCH but not much :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Timberwolf to name one, and probably a few local shops in your area can make a blade to any length you want. Typically blades are made and sold by the inch.

Reply to
Leon

FYI Timberwolf is sold by PS Wood thru Woodcraft.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Either length will work, as will your 92" idea, but the odds are good your original blade is a slightly stretched bit of metal, so I'd go for the 91-1/2". You should have more than enough adjustment in the sysem to take anything you've mentioned.

Reply to
Charlie Self

The original blade was actually never used, so maybe it shrunk. :-)

Any idea which blades have the best life/cost ratio?

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

I recently spent a good amount of time researching and reading opinions on band saw blades - I picked up a used Crapsman Professional

14" for good price and knew the first thing I'd want to do is put new blades on it (takes 91 1/2" to 93 1/2" blades). I wound up going with the Olson All Pro, pack of 3 from Rockler was $49, a 3/16", 1/4", and 5/8". I had tried a few cuts with the old blade, knowing it was shot but I'll tell you the Olsons cut like friggin butter. I need to resaw some 4/4 QSWO for a clock project, and with the 5/8" resaw blade I sliced right through a sample piece perfectly without even using a fence or a cutline. I'm having so much fun I'm looking around my shop for stuff to cut!
Reply to
mjd