You people are still here?

I don't know how many years it's been since I quit trying to keep up with this group, but geez you're a tenacious bunch. Every other newsgroup I ever followed is deader than a door nail, but this one is like the Energizer bunny.
Where is everybody getting their dust collection ducting these days? Some years back I remember looking all over the place and it was like a crap-shoot, but I finally settled on getting most of my stuff from Penn State Industries. Of course, now I login to their site and find that they no longer carry any dust collection supplies, just 20 times more pen-making doodads (like I have any use for that). Obviously I could spend endless hours slogging through Google, but I thought it would be more fun to pop in here and bug you guys.
On 12/1/2018 2:30 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

https://www.oneida-air.com/

The obvious choice yes, but their stuff was always a lot higher than Penn State. I'm mainly interested in the various "wye" joints, but GEEZ those things are expensive, and Oneida doesn't even make the one I want: 7x7x4 (neither does KenCraft). Penn State sold them and I have two, but I'd like a couple more. I guess I'll have to reduce down from 7" to 6" and get a few 6x6x4 wye joints. The only metal fittings that Grizzly sells are "industrial" grade and their prices are flat-out ridiculous.
On 12/2/2018 8:43 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

Looks like I could get some "saddle" fittings from KenCraft:
https://www.kencraftcompany.com/product/24-gauge-sheet-metal-saddles/
The 4" on 7" fittings would need to be special-ordered, but I could probably convince the 4" on 6" fittings to fit on a 7" trunk.
On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 08:43:51 -0600, Steve Turner

Googling "7x7x4 wye" got: <http://thesheetmetalkid.com/wye-branch/typical-wye-branch/7-x-7-x-4-duct-wye-branch/
On 12/2/2018 9:51 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

Interesting, thanks!
On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 14:30:47 -0600, Steve Turner

Rockler has it for decent prices as spiral duct goes. McMaster of course has everything, but they're a good bit higher than Rockler on the pieces I checked.
On 12/1/2018 3:30 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

https://www.kencraftcompany.com/products/dust-collector-fittings-2/
On 12/1/2018 6:16 PM, Larry Kraus wrote:

Ah, I've bought stuff from KenCraft before and I like them. I didn't know they carried dust collection fittings; thanks.
On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 14:30:47 -0600, Steve Turner

I've been buying it at Peachtree Woodworking or schedule-40 from the BORG.
<https://www.ptreeusa.com/dust_index.html >Some

Yeah, I bought my collector from Penn State and it's now orphaned. Oh, well...
On 12/1/2018 8:22 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

Looks like they still only carry the plastic fittings. My stuff is all galvanized.

Seems like somebody might have been interested in buying the dust collection part of their business, but I don't see any evidence of that.
On 12/2/2018 8:29 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

Hmmm...I always thought Penn State was just a marketer of import Chinese stuff. Did they actually do anything of their own besides just resell imports?
I'd not looked in ages and never bought a thing from 'em, but used to get the catalogs pretty regularly.
Disappointing a ductwork source has gone south, though, I've needed to get the DC setup for the PM 180 for quite some time now and it was sorta' getting close to the next item on the list...hadn't yet quite decided where wanted to end up putting it in the barn...first floor ceiling height is quite limited so that's something of an issue as it's >8' w/ the stand...

Does anyone? I bought the Penn State because of some really good reviews and price shopping everything I could find at the time.
On 12/1/18 2:30 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Get back on facebook, old man! :-p
--

-MIKE-

On 12/1/2018 10:54 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I'm pretty sure you're now at least the age I was when you started calling me that. See you over there. :-)
On 12/2/18 8:26 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

That's pretty accurate.
--

-MIKE-

On 12/1/2018 3:30 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Since the Electric Comet disappeared, traffic has all but stopped.

All my dust collection ducting is 4" schedule 20. You can buy it and fittings at Home Depot for cheap. Specialty fittings I either made or bought at Grizzly.

--
Jack
typed in rec.woodworking the following:

    Now, we all left, and were replaced by simulations.
--
pyotr filipivich
"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message on Sat, 1 Dec 2018 14:30:47 -0600

Not unrealistic... Given the repetition I've seen over the past 3 decades it wouldn't be hard to programmatically mine the old discussions to create new discussions. ;~)

We'd get great messages like this one...
Is there a place in the shop for an abacus?
I just got a new one for the house and thought I could use the old one out in the shop. What abacus software do you like to run? Is it worth the three sheckles to buy one of those unit conversion programs?
Twinkle