Vintage Saw Mill Owners - Is This a Dinging Table for Blades ?

I bought a tool that I'm told is for hammering very large blades. Wondering if you've ever seen a beast like this thing ??? Originally thought this was a manual rail road switch. Below is a link for the visual if the file does not show up in the email.
Any productive direction appreciated.
Ramblin Randy
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.