Table saw blades

Hi, I've just bought a used Axminster BTS10PP saw, no idea what the blade is going like but think I'll probably replace it anyway. Probably expecting a bit much from a single blade but anyone got any recommendations for a general purpose blade that will also cope with sheet plywood ?
Cheers Jim
Jim wrote:

If you want a clean precise cut? you'll want a 40 toothed TC blade,best go for a good blade.
Take a look in screwfix,they've just got some new tools in plus CS blades.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Great for most uses - but struggle with ripping grotty pine for battening etc. I'd have a 24tooth as well, ideally.
--
Skipweasel

Have a look at blades made by CMT and Freud. They are quite widely available in the size that this saw uses - 250mm dia x 30mm bore. Something like Axminster p/n 300123, which is a 40tooth CMT blade would be reasonable for general purpose, then 300133 for a finer 60 tooth blade if you want that for sheet material work.
Finally laid aside the original blade in my Jet Supersaw and fitted one of these:
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/section/5559/sn/FRDLP30M025
Not much to say really, cuts freely - was ripping pine boards to width all morning.
Jim wrote:

Nope, get a couple of blades. 40 tooth general purpose, 25 for big rips and a real 80 for plywood. Your cut quality will improve and you'll gain at least an inch on usable rip depth in heavy timber.
The BTS10PP is a good little saw, especially if you can manage to have the old clear guard and the new non-wobbly fence! The stand and extensions are worth buying as add-ons, if you don't already have them (with the PP you should have).
Blade change is a pain though. I left the sheet underneath off permanently, otherwise you have to separate the body and stand each time. If you really this sheet to keep your fingers out of the blade, you're probably dead already.
Jim wrote:

My apologies for doing a minor hijack, but with the cost of new blades of this general size is it worth getting TC blades repaired/serviced ?
I've just completed a modification to my wooden garage and have a couple of slightly chipped teeth from hitting old nails when recycling some of the timbers. The blade works fine but has probably paid for itself anyway as it is at least 5 years old.
Rob