You people are still here?

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

We'd get great messages like this one...

Is there a place in the shop for an abacus?

I just got a new one for the house and thought I could use the old one out in the shop. What abacus software do you like to run? Is it worth the three sheckles to buy one of those unit conversion programs?

Twinkle

Reply to
Twinkle in his daddy's eye

You don't use this for all your projects?

DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I'm still using story sticks, but only short ones. I don't want my story sticks telling me any tall tales.

Twinkle

Reply to
Twinkle in his daddy's eye

Thanks for sharing!

Reply to
Steve Turner

There were some real gems in the rec over the years... I wonder if there are archives of all of the posts somewhere?

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

There used to be a site (

) but I don't think it works anymore.

Google Groups grabbed a lot old usenet posts:

I searched for a previous username that I had and found posts from late

1990. I can't recall when I first joined usenet, but it was some time back then. The company I worked at the time had usenet access.

That was before I had any type of computer at home. In fact, when the company switched from Apple to IBM, we got to take these home.

I sure miss dial-up.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Home Owner's Hub and Google Groups. Luigi had some but I think his site is mostly gone. The woodgears.ca guy has at least a partial archive of the binary group.

If you can point me to a URL of a gem, I'll add it to my archive. I'll add it even faster if you can minimize the amount of work I have to do.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I suppose you are aware you can search messages, here, either by subject or poster. I searched Luigi and listings back to at least 2010 showed.

At random, I selected this one... not started by Luigi, but he commented on.

$3ALuigi/rec.woodworking/ruRnzisCdIE

Luigi search results:

$3ALuigi

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I first had UseNet around 1990 also. It was via university computers/accounts at the time. Archie, Veronica, Kermit... I was friends with all of them in those days but seriously do not miss them. Today I struggle to recall the details of our working relationships!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Sonny wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I was mistaken as to the state of Luigi's woodworking pages. They're still up:

Be sure to enjoy the humour page!

I really should link to his page from mine.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I have 45,959 messages from 2004-2018 archived on my computer. There are several specialty folders that contain another 10,000 or so messages. I can send these to you if you have a working copy of Forte Agent 1.0-1.93 . I was forced to upgrade to a new version when Comcast went to SSL which was not supported back then. The databases are not backwards compatible beginning with Agent 2.0.

On one of the backup drives should be archived messages from 1996 (or so) and

2004.

Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy