Did you join the revolution?

At least that is how Thomas Jefferson saw our election system. So I hope you all took time to vote, thank you if you did.
On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 11:31:42 AM UTC-6, Markem wrote:

So very true. This year, especially
On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 12:31:42 PM UTC-5, Markem wrote:

https://cdn3.volusion.com/exhqe.vwkag/v/vspfiles/photos/O-OFSSPS559-2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BGCDJll.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwv12taUcAAKmWC.jpg
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1800/1 *SMsjFOs5YHM2-jst7VmJcQ.jpeg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/19/5b/94/195b94b05c527a876d0990878cf4a615.jpg
http://magaimg.net/img/6n9w.jpg
On Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 11:31:42 AM UTC-6, Markem wrote:

I'm not sure Jefferson used very good wording in this case. I know he is k nown for writing some good things back in his day. But not this. At the t ime he was around, the USA had just fought a fairly bloody and deadly "revo lution" with England for its independence. Hundreds of thousands of people died on both sides in that revolution. To compare voting to hundreds of t housands of dead people is foolish. I'm pretty sure if someone had stuck a flintlock pistol into his mouth and said "you vote and I blow your head of f". He would have said "I'll skip voting".
On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 14:45:46 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

snip
“I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccesful rebellions indeed generally establish the incroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions, as not to discourage them too much. It is a medecine necessary for the sound health of government.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letters of Thomas Jefferson
" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote:

https://www.redstatememewar.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/img_4877.jpg
On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 14:45:46 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/american-revolution-faqs
Read a bit of history, you will see your estimates of causality count are a bit off.

It's pointless, the choice is to keep the current scoundrel or replace it with a different scoundrel. If there was an option "shoot all candidates for this office" I suspect that we would have much better voter turnout.
On 11/6/2018 7:19 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

We should have "none of the above" as a choice. If "none of the above" gets a plurality of the votes, the candidates on the ballot are disqualified and we have another election with a new slate of candidates.

I agree completely. Of course it would probably take a number of election cycles for the various parties to figure out that the jig was up.

Been saying this for years. All I ever hear is 'write someone in'. I don't believe that sends the same message. So I write in 'none of the above'. I want to vote, not take a multiple choice test.
If you don't like any of the above scoundrels, then maybe it's time to change the method. Because 'it's the way it's always been done' doesn't mean it's the most effective way anymore.
On Wed, 07 Nov 2018 09:05:30 -0500, Casper wrote:

As in any first past the post system, the incumbents have everything to gain from preventing change in a zero-sum game: all they need to do is create artificial splits in the opposition, or find a polarising issue, and they win. Strategies such as NOTA, or proportional voting, change the rules so that platforms need some degree of substance, not just emotion- based blather. The sum of the game is fluid, and not nearly so easy to control.
On 11/6/2018 8:19 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

At least Trump is delivering on his promises. And he would not look half bad if the biased media would quit taking his comments out of context. Fortunately the mature population that votes saw through the media.

It's scary to think about the number who can't.
On 11/7/2018 8:52 PM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

Yeah, I recall the millennials reactions to Clinton loosing the election. They buy into the media hook, line, and sinker.
On 11/7/2018 12:08 PM, Leon wrote:

+1
Unfortunately, the "mature population that votes" must exceed the morons that vote, plus the dead, illegals, non-voters and non-existent etc,etc.
The trick the anti-American Dims face is to not let their moron voters plus fake votes, exceed the number of registered voters. This is why they pay people each time they register to vote. They really don't care if they vote or not, they will vote for them. Mail in ballots are also a major source of Dimwit voter fraud.
--
Jack
If Democrats don't want foreigners involved in our elections,
On 11/8/2018 8:15 AM, Jack wrote:

A perfect example, Trump and the media, specifically the CNN reporter that was totally off topic during the news conference concerning the election. He was rude and disrespectful to every one in the room especially other reporters that wanted to ask questions.
An as expected Trump is portrayed as the bad guy. More spin.
On Thursday, November 8, 2018 at 11:54:13 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

lf

.
also

I'm not defending Acosta's *behavior* in any manner, but reporters from all sides - friend and foe - were asking questions unrelated to the election. His tax-returns, the Russian probe, immigration, etc.
Yes, the opening remarks were about the election, but the questions ranged far and wide from many other reporters, not just those trying to trip Trump up. Trump had no issue with answering non-election related questions, nor should he have.

Acosta was absolutely being an a-hole, but it wasn't because of the subject matter of his questions, it was his method.
On 11/8/2018 5:29 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I don't recall any one being as bull headed as Acosta. Off topic is OK but he made an ass of himself and refused to give up the mic on several attempts so that others could speak. And he kept digging like he had a hearing problem or a short attention span. He was looking for a fight and he got his ass in a jam.

I'm not sure he had a method. If he did it certainly was not working. Trump is a negotiator and the PIA press is so inept they think that Trump is being mean, so those "like" Acosta walk into the press room with a chip on their shoulders.
The media's motto.
"Never let the facts get in the way of a sensational "story".