OT: Remailer Idiots

The posts from the remail service, dizum.com and the idiot may be able to be stopped. They provide a DESTINATION-BLOCK service which will block your email address from anyone sending you spam via their service.

If someone knows how to munge their email address so it say's rec.woodworking this may work.

Send the email to snipped-for-privacy@dizum.com

enter the words in the body of the message.... DESTINATION-BLOCK and it will enter the header address it was sent from and block that address. You can also block whole domains according to their blocking policy.

Not sure if the above will work but worth a shot if some guru out there knows how to do it.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

My preference is to get the remailer service banned from your own ISP - the more ISPs that do that, the less value a remailer has to its subscribers.

Most of the remailers dont give a rats about the content of posts as long as the subscriber pays each month. Has anyone ever had a response when complaining about a remailers subscriber?

Reply to
Roger Martin

What's necessary is "just a *little* bit" more complicated.

What the troll is doing is: Sending e-mail to the anonymous remailer, _addressed_to_ the 'mail to news' gateway, with a final destination of the rec.woodworking newsgroup. the anonymous remailer then strips off all _his_ identification, and sends email to the mail2news gateway. the mail2news gateway picks the content out of the email, and turns it into an article that is then injected in to the USENET news stream.

One would have to do a 'destination block' on the mail2news gateway, to shut this mechanism down.

Dizum runs *both* the remailer, _and_ the mail2news gateway. Unfortunately.

Somehow, I _don't_ think a forged email would be very effective.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

hand-grenade then.....;-)

Bob S. (the real one)

Reply to
Bob S.

Pay?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I just blocked mail from dizum.com. Works fine.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Johnsen