Spalted Walt

BULLSHIT!!!!!

Reply to
woodchucker

Fun video. Not possible, but fun.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. Any air-brush artist should be able to do that with a safety-disabled gun at an appropriate range (no clue whether the range on the video is reasonable, but guessing not).

It certainly doesn't look real, but a definite judgment requires paying attention to both the "picture" and the "gunner" at the same time, which is not something many people would do.

If he varied his pace some, I might wonder whether it was real.

The parts where he turns away and still "paints" are what really seeds the doubt.

Mostly, I am tired to death of the Mona Lisa being the only example of "piece of art" used in these things. If they'd copied Ansel Adams, or even just a soup can, they'd get more respect from me.

[I know, I'm not their target audience. Whatever.]
Reply to
Drew Lawson

Really, and look away and continue to shoot. NOOOOOO it's just not real. The trigger and nails don't appear at the same rate, plus from that distance there is no way the nails will land like they are. There are no feathers on the nails,so they'll just flip end over end.

Reply to
woodchucker

Feathers? We don't need no stinking feathers..

.. one more because it's Friday

Spalted Walt

Nails are not coming out of a barrel to direct them. Nails shot out of a nail gun do not go straight. Basically you can not aim a nail gun. Nail gun scenes shooting people in a movie, pure BS.

Reply to
Leon

I shot one pretty straight all the way across my garage back when we were debunking whatever goof thought a nailgun could kill someone a mile away.

Perhaps it depends on the gun?

Reply to
-MIKE-

The shorter the barrel, the less accuracy. How long is the barrel on your nail gun? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

' Now that we have "open carry" in Texas, I'm going to check into that. Was tough carrying one concealed.

Reply to
Swingman

:-)

Reply to
woodchucker

How do you conceal the compressor? Inquiring minds and all.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Airless

Reply to
Leon

Spalted Walt, thanks for posting the second set of links. I had seen something similar to the portrait a couple of years back, but the video of splitting the nail was absolutely priceless. Those guys did their best to sell it.

As I said when I forwarded the nail splitter to one of my friends, "ever wonder what your guys are doing when you aren't on the job?"

Fun stuff.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Concealer hammer then, would you be Maxwell, is it silver?

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I fully expected that video to be chastised by some nervous Nellie because they weren't wearing eye protection. ;-)

Reply to
Spalted Walt

Uh, oh. Mike and Leon are comparing the length of their barrels again.

Reply to
krw

3000 PSI bottle from an auto paint ball gun.
Reply to
Markem

Belt-fed, impressive! ;-D

This has been debunked before.