For the Neanderthals out there.

Someone sent me this video of a guy making a nice dining room table for his wife. I thought those that liked using hand tools, I call you neanderthals of course, would enjoy all the hard work. Myself, I'm into power, gas/electric, the more the better. I respect hard work though, so enjoy.

Jack

Anyone that can work that fast don't need no stinking power tools. :)

Look on his wife's face? Priceless.

Reply to
OFWW

If he'd used Sketchup he wouldn't have had to do that much dry fitting. ;-)

Reply to
krw

She must cook heavy meals. You could park a car on that.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

True, but wouldn't that qualify as a power tool?

Reply to
OFWW

Yeah but that camera, that make him look fast, is a power tool too. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Absolutely AWESOME! Thanks for that! Reminded me of when I made my workbench, nearly 20 years ago. Still there, still working perfectly, still a ton heavy! :)

Reply to
Noons

she really had no choice but to exclaim she liked it

she was put on the spot

it is a nice table but too heavy

will be hard to move to vacuum and since they look like a traditional couple she probably plays the housewife role and vacuums

a better design would have been to create the top in 4 pieces connected with a simple mechanism underneath like a cam style connector or the like

something that can be done with one hand

i have doubts that many here use only hand tools

most of us use a combination of them

sometimes a block plane is just the right tool and other times it is not and you might reach for the sander

Reply to
Electric Comet

Oh, good grief. I showed it to my wife and she loved it, though it's not her style.

Dining room tables *are* heavy. It's not accidental.

You're not going to just shove ours into the corner to vacuum under it, either. That's just not rational.

Oh, good grief!

Reply to
krw

K's reply, to you, was too kind. Your criticism of Chris' work, and with respect to his wife, is totally unfounded and rude. Chris stated, clearly , what the plan was, which in part, BTW, was to USE NO METAL FASTENERS!!! You not only do not pay attention, you're an idiot.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 9:18:33 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote: .

h respect to his wife, is totally unfounded and rude. Chris stated, clear ly, what the plan was, which in part, BTW, was to USE NO METAL FASTENERS!! ! You not only do not pay attention, you're an idiot.

Yeah. What you said times 10.

Regardless of the original goal, and the fact that he is an idiot, most wiv es or significant others would be thrilled at the amount of effort that wen t into that project. He could just have easily pissed his time away watchi ng sports, drinking beer, fishing, goofing of with his buddies, etc.

Since he obviously doensn't know what it takes to build a project of that n ature, it leads me to believe that he might think the video was in real tim e. Then, in his world, no big deal.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Re: For the Neanderthals out there. :D