Dissatisfied with Lee Valley order

It's called a dickdoo. Your stomach sticks out further then your dick do.

(apologies to the sensitive groupies)

Reply to
Joe Shmoe

ammunition are normally shipped "adult signature required", but the only times I've ever actually encountered a delivery critter were when I was at my computer desk 12 feet from the front door. I'd hear the doorbell ring, get up, and barely see them before they reached the end of the sidewalk. They're *fast*!.

You should hear the horror stories on the collector mailing lists: valuable firearms delivered without signature, left outside in the weather on the back deck, reported "stolen in transit" to the BATF, only to be discovered as a rusty mess some weeks later. Or (worse), propped up against the front door in full view of the street. I've opened the front door for my kids' friends dropping over after school, only to discover 1,400 rounds of 8mm rifle ammunition "hidden" under the welcome mat (it's rather like hiding a bus under your living room rug).

Like lots of people, we only use the front door for guests and pizza delivery. But when I order something, I check it every single day, while also tracking it online.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

Oh what the heck, I might as well get my shot in here too.

So either you have a veeeeery large front porch and the package was lost for days and days, or... oh wait a minute, I see now that you don't go out that door. So, you expect FedEx to "go over the hill and thru the woods" and deliver to some special place from where you make your egress at your house, sans instructions from you - either to Lee Valley upon placement of order or by a note taped to door, or ??? You think FedEx reads your mind, or that they deliver to special places at everyone's house?

Then....

As you wait with baited breath for your urgent delivery, you don't once think that it may be sitting on your FRONT porch. And, then you let out a rant, bitching about LeeValley, which goes overboard on customer service (try this same episode with another vendor). Here's an idea - back up and say, "geeze, I'm sorry, I f&^^k'd up and didn't THINK!

(Now,(for example) if you have some interesting set up where you have an alley behind your house and everyone routinely makes deliveries back there, I take back a _part_ of my rant at you)

Renata

Reply to
Renata

I was thinking that maybe you just needed a cool down period to regain composure and reasonable thinking.. but Geeeesss I would expect that explanation of delivery time from my 10 year old son but now that he is 16 even he knows that that crap for an excuse does not fly.

I suspect Hoyt, that you find it hard to accept responsibility.

Yeah, use that analogy to explain to the judge why you did not show up for a jury summons. It is your responsibility to look out for yourself and be mature enough to take the initiative to do so.

Reply to
Leon

Wimmen got zip to do with it. Unless I lean forward, I can't even see my damned toes!

Charlie Self

"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." Samuel Johnson

Reply to
Charlie Self

OOOoooohhhhh... ;~) Not quite, but pushing 50, I now understand... I suspect that I will better understand as the years go by. I can still see my toes but it is getting harder to touch them...

Reply to
Leon

Unfortunately WV may be getting the good, clean air rammed down its throat later this week if that storm comes near...Good Luck with that..

Reply to
Leon

I guess my delivery guy is more conscientious than yours. I had an order for approx. $2,000 worth of computer parts delivered while it was raining. He didn't want to leave it on the front porch or exposed to the rain. Several days later, after "not receiving" the order, I called and was informed it had been delivered to the back deck. After not being able to find the package, I opened the lid on my gas grill. There was the package. I'm glad I wasn't in the mood for a steak between the time the package was delivered and me finding it.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

Renata notes:

Ah, hell. I've got an alley alongside my house, but it's narrow (funny thing about alleys), and none of the delivery people are interested in going there and into my tiny, fenced back yard. So it's front porch for deliveries 99% of the time, regardless of requests. So, I look.

Probably as well they don't go into the alley: the kids down the other end blow through here on and in a wide variety of clapped out vehicles, blast across the street and into the extension of the alley on that side. If they ever got whacked by a delivery truck, it would bring on a real spate of "child on bicycle is hit by vehicle" as we had a week or so ago. Turned out a 17 year old ignored a stop sign and ran into the side of a passing car, so the TV and newspaper dolts tried to make it the driver's fault. I don't think many of the kids on our alley are 17 yet, though. Some may make it.

Charlie Self

"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." Samuel Johnson

Reply to
Charlie Self

Leon notes:

Oh, I can touch mine. I just squat down and reach around. Then my wife helps me up.

I never really gained much weight until I quit smoking something like 15 years ago. Whoo, did I make up for last years then.

Charlie Self

"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." Samuel Johnson

Reply to
Charlie Self

Now THAT'S a company worth dealing with!!

*I* sure in the hell wouldn't give him his money back! lol

Hope ya'll have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

The world is changing...get used to it!

You got the PACKAGE, didn't ya? Maybe he didn't have time to talk about the wife and kids.

My mail gets delivered every day...and sometimes includes important stuff. The mailperson never rings the doorbell.

USPS delivers by putting the package on the porch near the mail box. They also never ring the bell.

FedEx just drops the package off...unless the sender requires a signature.

Same with UPS. But the UPS driver always toots his horn as he drives up to my place. He knows that if I'm in, I'll come out and sign for him.

The purpose of package delivery is package delivery. If its workin'...its workin'.

Hope ya'll have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

I agree...and I don't always agree with Charlie

My archives only go back a coupla weeks...but that's the only post I've seen from this Hoyt guy.

Hope ya'll have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

The advantages of living in a small village. The UPS and FedEx drivers flag me down if I'm passing them on the road and they have a package. If not they just put it in the house (never need to lock the doors) and when a package shows up at the Post Office they call to let me know it's there.

And...I'm only a day away from Lee Valley!!!!!

Phil

Trent© wrote:

Reply to
Phil

ROTFLMAO...

Untill I was age 23 + 8 months...give or take a week I absolutely never weighed more than 132 lbs. I'm 6' tall and I was shall we say SKINNY, but quite strong in my upper body. I worked in a tire store in the early 70's doing a lot of manual labor. Then I took a nice job and the manual labor cut back dramatically. Before I was 24 I weighed 165 lbs.. and since then,... well you know.. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Many of the guys on here get the same delivery guy most of the time...and probably don't even know his/her first name!

Turn the 'delivery guy' into a person...and you'd be surprised how great the service can be.

Oh...and just like YOU, he/she has a bad day occasionally, too. If his bad day is your delivery day...oh, well! lol

Hope ya'll have a nice week...

Trent

Trent©

Gotta agree with this one. I know when I order stuff from LV I look every day. Hell, two or three times a day. I get antsy and can't wait for my goodies to arrive. To me it seems strange to not look and pace and pace and look waiting for my toys to arrive. Oh well. I guess it's just me. ;-)

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

Wow. Coulda fooled me. I read nothing but contempt for Lee Valley's phone order system, order handling and shipment notification. Glad you cleared it up, though.

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

Get a post office box. You will not have any doubts about where your package is! After UPS and FEDEX both hung medicine packages on my rural mail box that is a quarter mile from house, I gave up. I guess the red flag signed for them. I wonder how much the theives got for a three months supply of codeine pain pills. Bill

Reply to
Bill Turpin
  • Vote on answer
  • posted