Dissatisfied with Lee Valley order

Glad to see there are still some of us out there that remember the classics.

Reply to
Ward Cleaver

Probably more of a classic than you realize... I first heard the PP joke in

1974.

Reply to
Leon

Check the porch? What a brilliant suggestion, Dennis. And what exactly was he doing all that time to avoid looking at the porch? Perhaps he was climbing in the basement window to get into his home because he hates having anything to do with porches?

If you'd bothered to read some of the other messages here, you'd have seen comments from people about delivery aberrations in every sense of the word. Delivery and how something is delivered and where it is delivered to is completely up to the whims of the delivery person. And of course, just like Charlie, you're much too perfect to make any type of mistake. Shove it up your ass Dennis!!!!!!

Reply to
Upscale

Yeah, I still have that Cheech and Chong album in my collection. I just love old vinyl.

Leon wrote in rec.woodworking

Reply to
Ward Cleaver

I don't know. You tell *me* what he was doing? You seem to know everything.

Ah, now I see your problem. You assume too much. I've read every message on this topic because I find it so fascinating how people can avoid personal responsibility. They can make all kinds of rationalizations to avoid taking any blame. It looks to me like Hoyt is the one you should be hurling your epithets at. He placed his now-famous order and expected *everyone* to read his mind and tell him when it would arrive. *He's* the one who comes off as trying to be perfect here.

So delivery people people don't always ring the bell and wait for you to answer or leave copious notes about where they put the package. Ever think it might be because they get reamed out regularly by people like you-know-who about delayed deliveries because they *didn't* leave packages on the porch? I didn't think so. It's yet one more reason he should have been on the lookout for this vitally important delivery and not relying on everyone else to make it happen. If you can't afford to screw it up do it yourself.

Simple. And I don't have to resort to crude comments about your anatomy to get my point across.

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:43:09 GMT, Ward Cleaver pixelated:

Better pull your mukluks out of the cellophane before the scorch.

- Interpreted Interpolations Done Dirt Cheap. -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Right! You don't know. Apparently though, your lack of knowledge doesn't stop you from jumping in and criticising him for not looking on the porch. That's why you're an ass Dennis.

I assume too much? Is that like assuming that he never looked on his porch? Could you still be assuming that the porch was never crossed in a week's time? That what makes you an ass Dennis.

If you don't like my being crude about you being an ass, then don't be one.

Reply to
Upscale

Who is he talking to? And how does he make his voice *DO* that?

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Most of the time insured packages have a signature required for proof to the insurance company that the package was delivered intact. Not always the case, but unless it is something cheap a responsible shipper will (should) require a signature. Insurance fraud is pretty easy on shipments because it's easy to say you never got the package and hard to prove you did.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

OK, you win. With such cogent logic as that how can I argue? You're a genius, Upscale. Thanks for all you contributions here. Man, I wish I could be like you.

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

Reply to