Another Kudos to Lee Valley

Hiya Folks, I purchased a number of tenon cutters from Lee Valley back in Nov. 2002. Well for whatever reason, I never had a need for the 2" version until the other night. As it turns out, it had a mfg defect in it which prevented it from cutting smoothly. I shot Lee Valley a note just to let them know and whether there was something I could do to fix it. I got an email today saying they're sending me a new one. Great customer service! Cheers, cc

Reply to
Cubby

Great company to buy from. Stories like this are the norm, rather than the exception, for Lee Valley.

Reply to
Larry Bud

I recently needed to cancel a portion of an order. I called, but they were closed. They said to leave a message, which I did.

Lo, and behold, the item in my order was correctly cancelled.

I am not accustomed to having messages actually listened to by a human.

I agree. It doesn't get much better.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Well, your experience with Lee Valley is the complete opposite of mine with Kitchen Universe, which I strongly recommend that no one buy anything from. I mistakenly ordered the wrong knife, and 10 minutes after I got an order confirmation from them, when I realized the item was wrong, I emailed them to cancel the order. Did they respond? No. Nor did they answer the phone, where I left two messages. They went right ahead and shipped this knife with the comforting message "once the order has shipped, it cannot be canceled." I was furious and am now battling this out through the credit card company (I sent back the package unopened).

Reply to
KLS

I recieved a gift of a small set of their in-house screwdrivers, magnetic tips and polished wood handles. My only complaint is that they are so darned good looking, I rarely will use them for any practical purpose.

Reply to
Mamba