I'm an ever-present lurker, rare poster. Just wanted to send kudos to
Robin Lee and the changes made at Lee Valley Calgary. The new
computer-based ordering system is excellent!
- No more leafing through catalogs (although that has its own
particular pleasure, it's something best left for dreaming / planning
time at home)
- The screen interface is almost exactly the same as the Lee Valley
website - instant familiarity.
- No more mis-written or mis-read orders in smudged pencil
- Printed orders are crisp, clear, and in large print format.
- A final visual check (from the picture on the screen) that what you
have ordered is the right tool for the job.
- A privacy mat. Step off the mat, away from the computer, and the
system logs you out. It means no-one is getting my personal information
or somehow ordering on my dime.
All told, I'm very impressed. I'm not sure if the system is being used
at the other stores, but thought I'd share my experience.
I've also heard that central office is considering a bike rack for
outside the store, a move I'd strongly encourage - the more people we
can get to use non-gasoline powered transportation, the better.