Lee Valley Radiant Heater

My Lee Valley Holiday Catalog arrived. The Northwest gets pretty chilly in winter. I will be working mainly in one position in the garage. Any recommendations on their Quartz Overhead Radiant Heater? The price is very reasonable - I didn't think I could get by that cheap but was thinking of ordering same. Thanks for any ideas on this situation. George

Reply to
George G

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting one too, let see what others have to say.

Reply to
WD

George;

I have had one of their heaters in my garage/workshop for a couple of winters.

It was sharing a circuit with garage door openers, garage lights, alarm system, radio, TV and stereo and computer system. I can't understand how it worked! (You wouldn't believe the existing wiring to the garage door opener plug I was using - about 20 ga.) Just installed a new electrical panel in the garage and gave the heater a separate circuit. I feel a lot safer now. (I also added 5 fluorescent lights).

It certainly makes it more useable in the garage in mild Vancouver in the winter. I simply hung it below the open joists and aim it into the centre of the work area.

Brian

Reply to
Brian in Vancouver, BC

Reply to