The tale of TWO Lee Valley Parcels.

Lee Valley being used as an example. My friend in Kamloops lives in an upscale new subdivision. Mail delivery via a Super Mailbox at the end of the street. His neighbor behind him lives in an older neighborhood. Both order the identical parcel from Lee Valley. Both pay the same price for shipping. My friend has to drive 2 miles to a Postal Station and pick up his Lee Valley order, his neighbor just over the back fence get's his Lee Valley package delivered right to his door.

It is like this for THOUSANDS of households in Canada.

Reply to
jimmy

Hey kid, give it a rest, we got it the first 24 times. You don't like Canada Post.

Reply to
Doug Payne

Yeah the Postal Service in the US has been going in this direction for several years now. It sucks.

Reply to
Leon

You sir are a moron. Learn to READ.

Reply to
jimmy

I've received packages, from LV and also from an individual shipping via Xpresspost; Canada Post leaves the boxes at my front door!

(I'm in a "super mailbox" area.)

- Daniel

Reply to
Daniel H

The ONLY way to fight back is refuse to do business with companies that don't offer the option of delivery to your door. Lee Valley is one of them I'm afraid.

Reply to
jimmy

That is a call Canada Post can make IF they choose because there is no nearby Postal Station and home delivery is cost effective. You are one of the lucky ones, but in the minority at least here in BC. You could lose that service at any time. In fact if you phone Canada Post and ask they will tell you it's against policy.:)

Reply to
jimmy

So why doesn't your friend get his parcels delivered to his neighbor's house?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

That's, "Learn to READ, please.". Your mom's not gonna be pleased with you.

Reply to
Doug Payne

I should have said that it's scary that Canada Post just leaves boxes lying out in the open, on my porch, unattended. I would expect Canada Post to be more careful esp with Xpresspost packages because they are insured and CP would be liable for any losses. I for one would prefer that my package be held at a local post office for pickup. Thankfully, nothing has been stolen yet, as far as I know....

(Have you contacted LV and asked them to offer different shipping methods for online orders? In your situation I can understand why Canada Post is a poor shipping choice; mention your situation to LV because they do listen to customer comments. Have you tried to telephone an order in and request alternate shipping methods?)

- Daniel

Reply to
Daniel H

Yes. No dice. Contrary to what Upscale has posted. But it's been many months since I quit as a Lee Valley customer.

Reply to
jimmy

Probably not. But this second class citizenship that comes with having a PO Box as a mailing address is very frustrating.

Lee Valley....First class products - third rate delivery.

Reply to
jimmy

And I doubt they have missed you! If you don't like how a company does business, don't buy from them! Plain and simple. Tons of others have had excellent service from LV. Your rant is with the postal service, not LV. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

You poor person. We all feel sorry for you.

This may help...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

You've obviously never had a REAL problem.

Reply to
janahartzell

Well, the postal service is Modernizing throughout the developed world. My mom lived in a 55+ community (at 90+) and had to travel about 1/4 mile to pick up her mail at the clubhouse (where they had a bank of mail boxes).

The alternative is to raise the cost of a stamp, I suppose, to four or five bucks to begin to cover the cost of sending millions of men and women out into the world daily to drop junk mail in you home mailbox.

Reply to
Gooey TARBALLS

Bullshit. You admitted that you haven't called them in several months. Even after I called an LV store today to get information for you and gave you the phone number, you still haven't called them to see of there's any new shipping options available. All you're capable of doing is whining and making feeble excuses as to why things aren't as you want them, yet you're too lazy to do some following up to actually know for sure. Apparently, it's more desirable for you to email dozens of messages over several hours instead of spending a few minutes on the phone. What an ignorant wonder you are. Pitiful at best.

Reply to
Upscale

Ouch, that has got to hurt. With 25 % of the precincts reporting it looks like Jimmy is going down in flames.

Next contestant please.

Reply to
Frank Drackman

Suggest you take to the barricades.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Let me repeat: There is NO WAY to get a delivery from Lee Valley other than through Canada Post.

Reply to
jimmy