Dissatisfied with Lee Valley order

Sun, Sep 14, 2003, 7:05pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net (Hoyt=A0Weathers) asks: Leon, are you the official judge of acceptability of postings to this group?

You mean you posted here without knowing that? Damn. There's always that 10% that doesn't get the word.

JOAT Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 15 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Most shippers have a "Driver Release" policy. The shipper must specify that a signature is required so this doesn't happen.

It's quite common in my 'hood.

Maybe you're going a bit overboard with this?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Mon, Sep 15, 2003, 2:52pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) says: When I have this type of problem I Always consider what I could have done wrong first and then find out what really happened.

I don't know that I have ever had this type of problem. I do order stuff, usually something for one of my kids for one of their 4X4 projects (they have me call in the order, using my debit card, and pay me - first - that's from experience LOL). At the time of the order, I ask how long to get here. With the 4X4 stuff, 5-10 working days seems about the norm. I tell the kid, and if it isn't here in however long they said, I call back and check the status. Saves a lot of heartburn.

JOAT Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 15 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

The only thing I have found is that they want to charge obscene amounts, unrelated to the size or value, to ship internationally. When I want stuff, I ship it to my sister in FL, and she ships it to me. Still cheaper than LV prices !

Steve

Reply to
Steve

FWIW, I've never had a problem with Lee Valley and will continue to do business with them. Based on what I've read here on the wreck, they are extremely responsive to their customers, so I have no doubt that should I ever have a problem, it will be resolved promptly.

I find it curious though... You post on the 14th that you have not received the package and will refuse, yet Mr Lee notes the package was signed for the morning of the 11th.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

According to FedEx (see post from Rob Lee) the order was received exactly one week after you made the telephone call. In a reply to Leon, you go on about how you're telling the truth. Could you please confirm that the FedEx report is mistaken? Otherwise, you should apologize for lying and complaining about what was actually good service (1 week delivery for a phone order).

Ken Muldrew snipped-for-privacy@ucalgary.ca

Reply to
Ken Muldrew

package to FedEx

Reply to
bentcajungirl

That seems to be the case. Also, they claimed to have delivered it on the 11th; I believe you dispute this as well.

I reproduce below a sentence that is deliberately misleading:

Here you imply that you placed the order two weeks ago. Instead, you waited 4 days from the time that you needed the two items before finally placing the order on the 4th (which was 10 days prior to your complaint, not two weeks). Unless you specify, and agree to pay for, rapid delivery, a 10 day waiting period is well within the acceptable range for mail order service. I think your public complaint was unjustified.

Ken Muldrew snipped-for-privacy@ucalgary.ca

Reply to
Ken Muldrew

The real bummer part about all this is not only will Rob lose a sale through no fault of his own, but now he'll grant a full refund on the original purchase, including the freight and he'll eat it with a smile on his face. I s'pose sooner or later it'll transpire to higher costs for Rob resulting in a higher retail price. At the end of the day Hoyt doesn't get a new "toy" for the shop and feels compelled to take time and gas out of his budget to "deliver" the package back to Fed Ex, Rob gets to demonstrate their attitude for customer service and all of us will shake our heads at the whole thing at the same time we're aware that it could have happened to any of us yet knowing the "good guys" took another one.....

sigh.....

Rob

package to FedEx

Reply to
Rob Stokes

What's with the attitude?

FWIW I think Charlie is right and Hoyt acted inappropriately.

Businesses depend on their good reputation and the goodwill of their customers. To trash a company without foundation is as wrong as it is to damage the reputation of any person. When done on a public forum and, more specifically, a public forum devoted to the discussion of the area of business that the company is in, the offence is even greater.

As to the alleged perfection of Mr. Self: If I were to look back over the many years that Charlie has participated in this group, I would find him to be perfectly within his rights to tell you to go to hell.

Charlie has always taken the time to help out Wreckers of all levels of competence and to do so with wit and style. He is knowledgeable and shares his knowledge willingly.

Looking back over your contributions for the nine months that you've been hanging around here, I wonder if you could say the same about yourself.

Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Ok - you got me there... That's pretty damned lazy. Or maybe the delivery person is one helluva' Introvert and just can't bring him/herself to ring the bell. :)

Reply to
mttt

Ken, want me to find you a dead horse and you can beat on it for a while?

Reply to
Sam Krenov

Big deep lung full of cold crisp Pennsylvania air this morning Tom

Rob

, I would

Reply to
Rob Stokes

Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

A lot of people have taken shots at you for this post. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is so I'm asking for more info. Tell me if this is correct: You placed a phone order and assumed (i.e., didn't ask) the order would arrive at a certain date. Order didn't arrive and you no longer want it. You blame Lee Valley for the late delivery. This is where I'm unclear. What did Lee Valley do wrong?

Dennis Vogel

Reply to
dennisvogel

Ah Charlie, you got your order of lookin at things mixed up... That is CRS syndrome. If you recall, you are supposed to look at a pretty girl first and then look straight down...;~)

Reply to
Leon

In reply to the posting by Sam Krenov, I will reply to Mr. Muldrew. Mr. Muldrew, I do not dispute the date FedEx records show to be the delivery date. It was found by me only this morning, the 15th of September. I think the actual delivery was when I picked up the package from the floor of my front porch. From a technical and legal point of view, I never officially accepted delivery. I took it, unopened, to my local FedEx Freight office this morning and they now have custody of it. I have told Rob Lee this in much more detail than is stated here.

Hoyt Weathers

Sam Krenov wrote:

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

You mean it gets worse when I hit 60?

Reply to
Scratch Ankle Wood

I'm thinking somebody is needing an upping of their meds.

UA100, off to continue debunking the lumber car...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I love apologies that don't apologise for anything.

"I'm sorry you got upset when I screwed your wife. But, dude, like, you should work on your anger management skills."

M--

Reply to
Michael Baglio