BEWARE: Harbor Freight poor customer service...

No, what "they" need to do is drop it, PERIOD!

It's getting old and lame......like me......

Reply to
Red Neckerson

I 2nd & 3rd that. They opened here a while back, and I'd been avoiding going there, 'cause I knew most (probably all) of their stuff is cheap import crap. Finally couldn't resist, and bought a muffler pipe expander. It was a only $15, and figured I'd try 'em, and hey, if it worked only once, I'd win. Stripped the treads on it the very 1st time I tried to use it. And I was using only hand tools, and was heating the pipe to a cherry red before trying to expand it and before inserting the expander. Repaired it by using a long grade 5 bolt & nut. The original compression bolt was made from very soft metal. Should take the whole damn thing back, but I won't bother for $15. Another thing I will not take back is myself.

Won't go there again, I hope. I M...U...S...T R...E...S...I...S...T, M....U...S...T RESIST! Buyer beware.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve

There is some pure junk on their shelves, that's for sure. On the other hand, I've bought some stuff there that was a really good buy. Bulk nylon rope - can't beat the price. I bought 600 feet for $9.00. Body tools - I bought a slap spoon there for under $10 and have used the hell out of it. Air hose - I bought 3/8 Goodyear hose there for 1/2 the price of places around here. Works just like a decent air hose should. Grinder wheels, wire wheels, cutoff wheels - all a fraction of the price other places and they are perfectly fine wheels. Clamps - both woodworking and body clamps - much cheaper and they work. Braising rod - a hell of a lot cheaper at HF. Digital micrometer and dial indicator - both a good buy there. Jack stands - the best buy around. There's plenty of stuff that you can buy at HF and save a ton of money compared to other places. You just have to know what you're looking for and how to recognize junk, and be a little selective in what you spend your money on there.

Reply to
Mike Marlow