Harbor Freight going out of Business

Harbor Freight going out of Business. http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t &037
Not that it's any real loss, since their tools were mostly all junk anyhow!

"Family disagreements are never pleasant, but this lawsuit is incredibly sad. The assertions in the complaint are completely unfounded and they will be addressed in due course. None of this will affect the business or continued success of Harbor Freight Tools."
Where did it say they were closing their doors? Sounds like unhappy customers trying to start business-damaging rumors in retaliation.
-- Bobby G.
On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 05:41:43 -0500, "Robert Green"

Or an unhappy competitor
Their catalog just came in the mail and at the top in BIG letters it says, "EVERYTHING MUST GO" So you are doing exactly what you accuse the other person if doing. Assumin g I'll intent when there was none. First thing out my my husband's mouth wa s that exact exclamation. "Is Harbor Freight going out of business?"
And to the guy who you commented to about them having poor quality tools. Sir, there are MANY a young guys just starting out that can't afford top qu ality tools. This is where they all can look back to for getting them on th eir feet. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon and this is where those others start. Harbor Freight! Then with hard work and a paycheck they can g et top quality tools. I personally love this place. I'm not a Gorilla, I don't need top of the li ne tools. I need something that can get me through a small house repair or quick farm fix. I hope all goes well with what ever issue Harbor Freight may have if there is on and we can continue to shop at a great place.
On 06/25/2017 08:04 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You will probably see "EVERYTHING MUST GO" ads for years to come. It's worked for furniture stores for decades.
On 6/25/2017 1:29 PM, rbowman wrote:

Also. the "everything must go" advertising is often used to clear out old items and bring in the new.
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 3:15:35 PM UTC-4, Meanie wrote:

...and they have "Liquidation Sales" quite often.
"Hundreds Of Factory Discontinued, Clearance Items"
It's other peoples stuff that they are liquidating, not Harbor Freight's entire inventory.
https://www.harborfreight.com/liquidation-sale.html
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

Everything must go! What does that mean? They want to sell everything... Everything is on sale! Yeah we know that, they don't want to keep inventory. All credit applications accepted! Yeah, doesn't mean they will be approved- or at VERY high rates.
Once again, advertising strikes and the value is what you put on it.
--
Tekkie

The store by me on Las Vegas NV Has a sign up say "EVERYTHING MUST GO" Looks like their closing to me.
On Monday, July 17, 2017 at 3:40:45 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What it "looks like" could be confirmed with a simple phone call.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

This was discussed 2 to 3 weeks ago. DAGS
--
Tekkie

On Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 5:41:43 AM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

The sales ad that just came out boldly stated "Everything Must Go" That doesn't mean that it's closing?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

That 'everything must go' has been on the ads in my Sunday paper for years.
On Friday, March 22, 2019 at 1:24:23 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Fact that the thread is 7 years old should be enough. HF isn't the first company that frequently has these everything must go events. If someone wanted to challenge it, HF could argue what does "everything" really mean? Everything they want to sell on sale, or everything in the store? What does must go, mean? At any price, no matter what, or that it's their goal to move everything at the sale prices, etc. Mostly, it's what we call sales puffery.
I've seen stores with big signs that say "Going Out for Business", figuring people will misread that.
On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 13:24:12 -0400, Ralph Mowery

I hear that from car dealers on the radio all the time.
Ralph Mowery posted for all of us...

What business would not like to sell out of every product they have? ;)
--
Tekkie

This thread started 7 years ago. That should answer the question.
On 03/22/2019 08:57 AM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yeah, just like your local furniture store is really going out of business...
On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 03:42:46 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Aside from the fact that they are still in business, that is nearly two years old news.

And the suit was settled out of court last April. http://calabasas365.com/company-lawsuit-settled
Jim