Harbor Freight going out of Business

We do have a trade deficit with China. But China has a similarly sized trade deficit with India. India has a trade deficit with the U.S.

It averages out.

Those who insist on buying U.S. made goods flunk the common sense test when their insistence is carried to the logical extreme. That is, if buying only U.S. products is good, buying only goods made in your state is better. If buying goods in your state is better, then buying the same goods made in your city is best.

Desired goods not made in your city? Oops!

Reply to
HeyBub

WTF? Your logic leads me to believe you must be on Barney Frank's staff.

Reply to
Jack Hammer

LOL! I'm just going to charge all my China Freight purchases to my MasterCard Trade Deficit Card and send the bill to your soon-to-be unemployed kids. ROFLMAO!

Reply to
Jack Hammer

I notice that you won't answer the question either.

Reply to
krw

What nonsense.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

I buy "Made in USA" whenever it's available. I NEVER buy anything from China Harbor Freight.

Reply to
Jack Hammer

Well, it IS logic. Sorry about your thought processes.

Reply to
HeyBub

I bought a hand truck last summer. Big wide brute with big blowup wheels. Was not on sale, paid almost$100 , but I love it. Some of their electric tool bits, wheels, etc are excellent. I have been using two different hammer drills, no problems after a few years home remodling. Had some problems with leaking air couplers. Replacement tires are holding up. Their orange mini screwdriver sets are to die for. Best I have ever used. I have an axe made in us, us handle, German blade, excellent. No problems with air hammer. Extension cords are not cheap price. Tile cutter works nice. Straps and rope are pretty good buys. Batteries are ok. Hammers good. Cheap wood clamps are not too good. Battery chargers pretty good, except I misused one. I bought mail-order for years, just glad store opened up.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Srill no answer. Very instructive, hypocrite.

Reply to
krw

The women love it when my tool gets extra hard!!!!

Reply to
jw

Their catalog just came in the mail and at the top in BIG letters it says, "EVERYTHING MUST GO" So you are doing exactly what you accuse the other person if doing. Assumin g I'll intent when there was none. First thing out my my husband's mouth wa s that exact exclamation. "Is Harbor Freight going out of business?"

And to the guy who you commented to about them having poor quality tools. Sir, there are MANY a young guys just starting out that can't afford top qu ality tools. This is where they all can look back to for getting them on th eir feet. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon and this is where those others start. Harbor Freight! Then with hard work and a paycheck they can g et top quality tools. I personally love this place. I'm not a Gorilla, I don't need top of the li ne tools. I need something that can get me through a small house repair or quick farm fix. I hope all goes well with what ever issue Harbor Freight may have if there is on and we can continue to shop at a great place.

Reply to
karendavis328

You will probably see "EVERYTHING MUST GO" ads for years to come. It's worked for furniture stores for decades.

Reply to
rbowman

Also. the "everything must go" advertising is often used to clear out old items and bring in the new.

Reply to
Meanie

...and they have "Liquidation Sales" quite often.

"Hundreds Of Factory Discontinued, Clearance Items"

It's other peoples stuff that they are liquidating, not Harbor Freight's entire inventory.

DerbyDad03

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

Everything must go! What does that mean? They want to sell everything... Everything is on sale! Yeah we know that, they don't want to keep inventory. All credit applications accepted! Yeah, doesn't mean they will be approved- or at VERY high rates.

Once again, advertising strikes and the value is what you put on it.

Reply to
Tekkie®

The store by me on Las Vegas NV Has a sign up say "EVERYTHING MUST GO" Looks like their closing to me.

Reply to
richardsfmly

What it "looks like" could be confirmed with a simple phone call.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

This was discussed 2 to 3 weeks ago. DAGS

Reply to
Tekkie®

I WILL MISS HARBOR FREIGHT IT IS A BEST PLACE TO MY SHOPPING AND I WISH THEY COULD STAY IN BUISSNESS. I was shocked there going out of business. I'll miss them.

Reply to
wildtazman

A reply to a 2012 post which refers to a thread from 2010. How long is this going out of business going to take?

There used to be the Cummins truck--essentially Harbor Freight on a tractor trailer. Haven't seen one around in several years.

Fake ID