A Harbor Freight Buying Guide (Humor)

These are from

a look.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

2) Top Ten Things NOT to Buy at Harbor Freight (Humor) I can=92t resist things lists like this. This one comes from DetroitTom in Tractorbynet forum=85 10 Things I Wouldn=92t Buy from Harbor Freight: 1) Parachutes 2) Fire Extinguishers 3) Pacemakers 4) Vaccines 5) Birth control devices 6) Elevators 7) Bullet proof vests 8) Trigger locks 9) Pitons (I didn=92t know what this was either=85) 10) Scuba Gear

3) Derogatory yet Slightly Loving Harbor Freight Nicknames Unfortunately I can only remember/find one: =93horror freight.=94 I know there was another one I saw out there=85 I think it was =93hardly freight=85=94 Update=85 here are some nicknames from the comments on this article and in recent forum threads: Harbor Fright Bottom of the Harbor Freight Harbor Hate The Chinese Cheesecake Factory For their inexpensive, thrice-yearly-use Chinese air tools, we call them, =93INGERSOLL-CHAN.=94 China Fright

Reply to
kimosabe

These are from

a look.

===================

2) Top Ten Things NOT to Buy at Harbor Freight (Humor) I can?t resist things lists like this. This one comes from DetroitTom in Tractorbynet forum? 10 Things I Wouldn?t Buy from Harbor Freight: 1) Parachutes 2) Fire Extinguishers 3) Pacemakers 4) Vaccines 5) Birth control devices 6) Elevators 7) Bullet proof vests 8) Trigger locks 9) Pitons (I didn?t know what this was either?) 10) Scuba Gear

3) Derogatory yet Slightly Loving Harbor Freight Nicknames Unfortunately I can only remember/find one: ?horror freight.? I know there was another one I saw out there? I think it was ?hardly freight?? Update? here are some nicknames from the comments on this article and in recent forum threads: Harbor Fright Bottom of the Harbor Freight Harbor Hate The Chinese Cheesecake Factory For their inexpensive, thrice-yearly-use Chinese air tools, we call them, ?INGERSOLL-CHAN.? China Fright

********************* Horrible Freight or just simply "Horribles" when referring to the local store. Art
Reply to
Artemus

Things I DO buy at Harbor Freight:

  1. Glue brushes

..... 'k.... there's gotta' be more....

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

---------------------------------------- Disposable items such as gloves and chip brushes.

Quick connect pneumatic couplings.

Spring clamps.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4ee80f80$0$19614 $c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Their multimeters look just like some of the others (I bet they're the same internally) but cost way less. As a result, I've got about half a dozen.

If there's not a multimeter around when you need it, you don't have enough.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Pitons are a metal spike used in rock and mountain climbing. You use them to hold the ropes.

Don't ask me for more details. You won't find my fat ass going up a rock wall no matter how big the rope.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You must not climb.

Love it!

You forgot the ones I hear most: Horrible Freight, Harbor Fright.

I've been buying tools from them for 40 years and am still using some (if not most) of them. There've been some real losers, but all told, the tools have been quite serviceable.

I've had to fine-tune just as many brand-name US-made tools, too. (clean, lube, deburr, refinish handles, etc.)

-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

----------------------------------------- You want an argument, change the subject.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

lathe tools from Harbor Freight. Good buy for spindle work.

Reply to
russellseaton1

> Worth a look.

Laugh all you want. Recently I tried to use a Lowe's house-brand (TaskForce)

1/8" hex wrench. It broke. That's exactly what it did, the wrench snapped right in two!

I've been using hex wrenches for 50 years and never had one break. Oh, they'll BEND or TWIST if too much torque is applied, but break? Never. And I wasn't even using a cheater, just hand pressure. On a hex-head WOOD screw!

I hie myself to my truck and retrieve my back-up set ($3.99 from HF). Did the job.

I took the offending hex wrench back to Lowes and told the manager I wanted to trade this defective in material, design, and workmanship tool for a ten-dollar gift card.

"We don't guarantee our low-priced hand tools" he said.

"Odd," I replied. "Harbor Freight has a lifetime guarantee on all the hand tools they sell."

"Get the f*ck outta my store!" he said, as he began to pummel me with a returned hunk of plastic pipe. Or at least that's what I heard.

As soon as I find a moving staircase, I'm gonna escalate.

Reply to
HeyBub

This is the first time in my life I've seen the word 'hie' outside of a crossword puzzle.

Reply to
kimosabe

Harbor Freight, your store for disposable tools

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

How about "Hie old Silver".

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Nickname; "Chinese-political-prisoner-tool-company'.

My BIL loves the place. I'm more careful, balancing cost, how much I use the tool, and how bad I'm going to feel if/when it breaks. I've got a lot of small hand tools from there, and a car system scan tool, but not much that would see heavy service. I work in a research lab in a State university, and almost ALL the hand tools are HF because they are inexpensive, and as one prof says "they have a high vapor pressure" (they evaporate quickly).

Reply to
lektric dan

My fave is Chinese Red Dragon Noodle and Machine Tool Factory.

Yeah, they're a great buy for loan-out to idiots (aka: your friends and neighbors, wives, kids, etc.)

-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I bought a gallon of Evaporust and a 50-foot "fish tape" from them this week. Can anything go wrong?--lol The fish tape needs to pull wires through the off-the-shelf offset connectors (between EMT and the box).

Bill

Reply to
Bill

All I can think of to say here is likely not in the NEC guidelines: "Thou Shalt Not Pull Rusty Wires Thru Galv Fittings"

P.S: Don't use Evaporust as a wire lube, either. DAMHIKT

-- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. -- Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Larry Jaques

At first, that looked like a pun. i think it may have something to it. Linguistic roots.

Reply to
kimosabe

Don't sweat it, Larry, Bill has a 2-ounce bottle of G-B WireAide that I gave him a little while back.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Hi yo Silver, Away"

Reply to