What's with the price of plywood these days...?!?

Did I miss something, 'cause it's lots more than it was last year. What gives here? twh

Reply to
tomhooper

Well, after we bombed the hell out of Iraq and are now rebuilding it for them, add in the hurricanes down south and now the tsunami in Asia - where do you think it's going? Supply and demand.

Reply to
BobS

I watched OSB go from $6.50 a sheet to over $23.50 a sheet when I built my shop last year. It's slowly working it's way down. The bad thing is when it went to 23 a sheet it still sold so I look for it to never get back down as low as it was a year ago. And yes natural and man made disasters does not help. A friend that works for LP said the government (US) was buying it left and right to ship to Iraq last year.

Reply to
Jody

Can you say "hurricane"? Can you say "rebuild Iraq"? Can you say "tsunami"?

I'm getting ready to put a new roof on the house. My contractor said to hurry up and pick out the color of the shingles so he can get them delivered. Says they are scarce. All going to Florida. Which I find odd - when's the last time you saw a shingle roof in Florida? Aren't they all tile?

Reply to
bob