Need source of odd size bandsaw blades...

have an old 14" walker/turner, uses non standard blades. Where can I get some good ones that won't cost me my arm... twh

Reply to
tomhooper

Check with your local tool store, mine can make them for me. If you want the nice blade try

they are the makers of the "PS WOOD" blades. You can also try here for some specialty blades give them a call.
they have a local store by me.

Reply to
Kris

It depends on what you consider an arm to be worth. Try Suffolk Machinery at:

can make blades to any length.

Nova

Your local industrial blade shop and wait a day or two. Costs the same, or even cheaper than most pre-packaged shops.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Try anyone of the websites or call 888-722-7078 (Iturra)

Lee Valley "Viking"

Carlson wrote: ......give call Iturra a call at 888-722-7078 and ask for a copy of their catalog of bandsaw accessories, it's well worth a read. I have no affiliation with them except as a satisfied customer.

Reply to
WD

Lenox will make any length blade you want.

Reply to
bob

for bi metal blades at only about 18.00 each Bandcraft 18005821328 snipped-for-privacy@woodcraftbands.com

Reply to
Steve Knight

A minor correction. PS Wood Machines is another supplier of silicon steel blades that are similar to, if not from the same supplier, as those from Suffolk. PS Wood is located in Bethel Park, PA. They are not the same company.

Reply to
Al Reid

Thanks alot. I'll try locally then Suffock Machinery. tom

Reply to
tomhooper

If you look at the packaging on PS wood blades it say that they are "timber wolf" distributor. I think that the timberwolf brand bandsaw blades are made by

also PS wood uses the same images on their bandsaw blade packaging that is sullfolkmachineries logo. Hmmmm make ya think eh? I Also asked at a wood show and got a very similar response from the PS Wood rep as well. But I could have been misinformed. Just my opinion. I have used blades from both companies and they are both great blades.

Reply to
Kris

that are similar to, if not from the same

not the same company.

Reply to
nospambob

I believe it states "From the makers of Timberwolf blades." There are several vendors that buy the same silicon steel blade stock from the same supplier. Therefore, except for possibly the packaging and quality of the welds, they are the same blades.

Reply to
Al Reid