Subject Author Posted Replies

[OT] Blade Shaving
.. as opposed to the Electric Shavers thread ongoing. Has anyone tried the new boys on the block - mail order or otherwise? I have tried all the ones usually found in the supermarkets/pharmacies. They...
11
11

Wayleave "scam"?
Two or three times a year I receive a letter from a firm offering to negotiate on my behalf with the Electricity Board (or whatever it they are called these days) over payment for a wayleave for the...
26
26

which LED bulb for old-fashioned inspection lamp?
Hi All I have one of those old-fashioned 240V inspection lamps - a variation on those hand-held things with a handle, wire frame and glass surround. A bit like: I would like to put an LED bulb in it -...
14
14

H264 recorder repeatedly reboots when Ethernet cable connected
I noticed my generic Chinese 16 channel dvr started shutting down and rebooting at around five minute intervals yesterday morning. Having spent a fruitless few hours changing power supplies then...
10
10

Re: Re:"Handmade" on BBC4
That was the week when the media studies guys and gals were on their holidays I imagine, was the shot durations longer as well that used to be my tell tale thing. If the shot lasted for more than 1.5...
1
1

Buttons to control the timer aren't working
The boiler is a worcester 15/19. The panel is on the front of the boiler. The black arrows are fixed to 'once'. These arrows don't move when the buttons are pressed. The buttons to change the day or...

Removing a WC pan
Spent time today removing a WC pan, or rather the cistern. The pan itself is sitting on the floor, loose, waiting to be removed, but I'm not sure what else I need. The pan is not being replaced, so I...
11
11

OT: Electric Shavers
Beard and sandals here, mate.
20
20

Problem with drainage channel
I have a fairly large paviored which slopes down to my property. Running the full length of the property, about 17 metres in length, is a channel the bottom of which is lined with a concrete type U...
11
11

Using a Stelrad radiator on its side
Hi All, We have a short fat Stelrad radiator (I thought it was an Accord, but looking at there website it might be a Vita). We now need a tall thin radiator instead. Is it possible to use the existing...
8
8

Supplier for multitool blades?
I need to buy some more blades - can anyone suggest a supplier of good quality blades at a reasonable price?
4
4

Puncture Repair 'Gunge'
I?ve no proof but I suspect that the ?impossible to repair? story is a cover for ?can?t be arsed cleaning the stuff out?. Now it may well be that it does take more time/effort and in some cases be not...
20
20

Cleaning sticky rubber off binoculars - suggestions?
The main suggestions on line seem to be white spirit or isopropyl alcohol but these come with comments from some saying that they don't work. Anyone here with direct experience of a successful method?...
15
15

OT Lidl advert
Woman complains that at the point if sale that the wine tastes like mouthwash. Lidl send her to the vineyard where she proclaims the wine taste fantastic. What message should we take from this advert?...
4
4

VOIP help wanted please
I am currently in New Zealand and would like to call people in the UK. I have an ASUS laptop running 32 bit Debian 9 and a Huawei phone running Android 4.4.2 with a New Zeland phone chip. I generally...
17
17