Shower pump failing

All of a sudden our 12(?) year old Salamander twin shower pump isn't sounding quite as smooth as it did. Something of a slight rasping/child's windmill sound which makes me think it's not in the best of health and about to give up the ghost.
Do they suddenly give up mid shower, or do they fail gradually?

My crystal ball is away, sorry. Not knowing the actual mechanics of your pump it would be hard to say. Could be just that some crap has got into it. Brian
--
----- --
On 14/09/2018 08:18, Brian Gaff wrote:

It wasn't a request for a prediction of when it would fail but how it might fail. Suddenly or gradually?
Those with experience might be able to help.

On Sunday, 16 September 2018 11:20:51 UTC+1, F wrote:

either.
NT