Subject Author Posted Replies

prestwick airport
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 14:34:22 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: Jim, you still don't seem to get the idea that this is a diy group, for people who are trying to do *something* (however obscure these days...
14
14

DIY work for Idol hands
's always something useful to be done. How to Make Nail Polish: This instructable will teach you how to make your own nail polish colors using eyeshadow and glitter. It's an excellent way to get...
11
11

Car battery
Changed my car a couple of weeks back and it has the push button start/stop rather than ignition key. It also cuts out if stopped at traffic lights and restarts when accelerator pedal is pressed. All...
57
57

Re: shop hung
We fitted one in France many years ago. That was not a made to order one though, just a shop-stocked, standard size that we built the stud-wall around. It was supplied with temporary braces fitted to...

Improving the humble surgical mask
Gentlemen, We all know by now that surgical masks are much better at keeping bio-nasties from escaping a carrier than they are at preventing said nasties from infecting a wearer who's attempting to...
17
17

Work as normal on Monday for anyone else?
Or just me?
29
29

OTish: plane maintenance
Any aviation buffs/experts out there have any ideas about how a prolonged open-ended shutdown might affect commercial air travel from a mechanical perspective ? Presumably grounded planes still need a...
23
23

bathroom Isolator switches in attic?
Is it Ok to have the fused isolator switches for bathroom fan and heater a few feet above them in the attic? george
3
3

“if that means some pensioners die, too bad”
Government strategy summed up by Dom Cummings: ?herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad?... Is it just me, or is there then a glorious irony in Boomers...
7
7

Are there wireless doorbells with 'Quinetic' type pushes?
Can you get 'wireless' doorbells with Quinetic type pushes? I.e. a push button that doesn't require any battery? We want to put a button out on our front gate so delivery drivers can more easily keep...
9
9

Mothers Day
Boris says the best single present for mothers was to stay away. So following this official advice I phoned my Mum and asked for the chocolates back that I dropped off on Thursday (I was supposed to...
16
16

All you chemists out there (quinine)
They say say chloroquine has an effect on co-vid 19 but I tried to research whether quinine bisulfate would work. Whatever way I phrase it every answer only mentions chloroquine and nothing on quinine...
9
9

Fussy cat
How do you tell your fussy cat,no more chicken because of covid-19 ? because whenever I go to the supermarket the shelves are empty.
19
19

Re: European "Union" shows its true colours now push comes to shove
1, are these masks dodgy? I see a lot of bona fide looking adverts around but most either don't exist or are sub standard crap. Brian

poly bags
A cashier will not use a "customer bag" today, to bag groceries. They will only use a "clean" store-provided bag. If the bag is "free again", so much the better. In addition, Plexiglas shields have...
3
3