Mothers Day

Feeling the love :-D

Reply to
Jimk

She knows you too well! ;-)

Reply to
Jimk

Boris says the best single present for mothers was to stay away.

So following this official advice I phoned my Mum and asked for the chocolates back that I dropped off on Thursday (I was supposed to be on holiday).

Reply to
ARW

If the same advice carries on until June I'll have to drink that bottle of whiskey I am going to buy for a Fathers day present and not visit him.

In fact if that happens I might buy an expensive bottle to show him how much I really love him.

Reply to
ARW

You are lucky to still have living parents you know. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

Print out a nice colour photo of you and the bottle with a message "here's to you, Dad!" so he knows you're thining of him on that special day.

Of course this assumes you'll still be able to get whisky in July. I know some gin distilleries are moving over to making hand sanitiser, but at least for gin they don't actually have to change the taste much.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That was my thought too.

Reply to
Fredxx

I am pretty sure Adam knows that. Are you and Brian really humourless?

Reply to
Richard

My Mum thought it was funny.

BTW She ate the chocolates on Friday.

Reply to
ARW

50 years of experience.

And someone once told me that she was there when I was born. Mind you that was a bloke in a pub so he was probably wrong:-)

Reply to
ARW

I doubt it, it wasn't intended as a slur and surprised you picked up on it.

Reply to
Fredxx

I was not offended.

I am honoured to have two married parents in reasonable health that are in their 70's. All those years at school with the other kids chanting "your parents are married" never bothered me:-)

Reply to
ARW

ARW

I was not offended.

I am honoured to have two married parents in reasonable health that are  in their 70's. All those years at school with the other kids chanting  "your parents are married" never bothered me:-)

Made me think of the story of the two old biddys gossiping over the fence. "Did you hear of Mary Jones getting married? Not even pregnant - that's posh for you"

Reply to
Cynic

The two old biddys were unaware that the "husband" was called Sally.

Reply to
ARW

I saw him and spoke to him tonight as I was driving past.

From 2 metres away of course.

He was out dog walking for a terminally ill neighbour and I was dropping dog food off at my parents house.

My parents want to avoid supermarkets ATM and the dog will only eat Aldi food. I pass three Aldis on the way home from work and it was a small detour.

Reply to
ARW

Can the dog read the packet ??. Just Curious.

How did it manage before Aldi ?

Reply to
Andrew

Try owning a cat (impossible) and wait for that to choose what it wants to eat.

Reply to
ARW