All you chemists out there (quinine)

They say say chloroquine has an effect on co-vid 19 but I tried to research whether quinine bisulfate would work. Whatever way I phrase it every answer only mentions chloroquine and nothing on quinine bisulfate as if it does not exist
On 22/03/2020 09:28, F Murtz wrote:

Big pharma doesnt make organic quinine. Why would they study it?
But Marxism is the crack cocaine.

Neither have been shown to work.
--

Roger Hayter

In vitro activity is a million miles from proof of clinical efficacy. It is quite consistent with it making the infection worse in real patients.
--

Roger Hayter

On 22/03/2020 09:28, F Murtz wrote:

Is that an excuse to drink G&T?
--
Max Demian

IIRC quinine is the natural stuff, made from the bark of the cinchona tree. I think that it can have unpleasant side effects, and that chloroquine has fewer so is preferred. More here, but I've not read it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinine
--

Chris

Have you tried the traditional UK English spelling 'bisulphate'? I can see numerous links.
Perhaps everyone who tried it died so never posted the results? Brian
--
----- --
F Murtz wrote:

See "Actions and Spectrum". There is no mention of a similar mechanism that Chloroquine achieves.
https://web.archive.org/web/20151205063338/http://www.drugs.com/monograph/quinine-sulfate.html
The way COVID-19 hijacks a vacuole is shown in this article.
https://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/endocytosis_3_panel.jpg
( https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/03/covid-19-the-biology-of-an-effective-therapy/ )
Perhaps try following up the Refs in Table 1, for the ones you're interested in.
From a dosage perspective, quinine isn't very safe.
Chloroquine hangs around in the body for 30 days. If you had symptoms of COVID-19 and tests verified it, it's like a single tablet would be your whole course of treatment. The idiots hoarding these things, could be taking them in prophylactic style (one a month, forever). Long term use of Chloroquine degrades eyesight.
In the NIH article, even chloroquine is fading from view, as malaria become resistant to the various drugs. The drugs are used in combinations now, one drug being fast acting (and taking out many of the pests), the second drug working over the longer term to suppress the survivors.
Paul