Fussy cat

How do you tell your fussy cat,no more chicken because of covid-19 ? because whenever I go to the supermarket the shelves are empty.

Reply to
F Murtz

mine will only eat one sort of mince or chicken at the moment

Reply to
F Murtz

It?s interesting to find out that when an OAP carks it on their own in their flat and isn?t found for a few days or weeks, their cats are always in the rudest of health. They take the eyeballs first, apparently, within hours.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Starvation leads to catholicism (the non religious use of the word).

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It?s like I?ve always said; you won?t care if your face gets eaten when you?re dead.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Lightweight! Ours is 8.5 kg. On a recent visit to the vet for an innoculation, the (new) vet had her back to us as she drew up the syringe, turned and exclaimed, "Good God!"

To be fair she is a large cat to begin with, with massive paws, but she is also seriously overweight. We try to restrict her food, but it is not easy, as we have another cat that is underweight and which likes to nibble a little and often, so food has to be left out all day for her.

Anyway, Fat Cat is very good at the look of appeal and probably cadges food from neighbours anyway.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

How many weeks? when I first got it it did not eat for five days, I know as it was kept in the house I took it to the vet and they fed it with a syringe for a day or so, they kept it for six days, it came back eating sort of but extremely fussy

Reply to
F Murtz

Mine showed a preference for Lidl cat food a couple of weeks ago.

And then stopped eating it as soon I bought 4 boxes of it.

Reply to
ARW

A colleague had a spoit cat that would only eat haddock fromm Harrods.

Reply to
charles

The last cat liked people food and was nightmare at dinnertime unless it had it's own place at the table. And it would stay there if it had it's own place.

It loved curry night.

Reply to
ARW

A fairly straightforward DIY job might be to contruct a box or just an apple box with holes cut with a Stanley knife, with openings which will admit the small cat and keep the gravitionally challenged one out.

Some breeds of cat can be really big to start with of course

michael adams

michael adams

They will get the idea eventually or maybe try it on with another of their homes. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)
<snip>

Ykes. Our *dog* (terrier / beagle x) is 10.5kg and he's medium sized and in his winter trim!

But then he does get over 5 miles walking a day.

Because I have a bad foot I'm currently restricted to cycling alongside daughter / Mrs when we are dog walking, if I go off quickly I'm amazed how well the dog can keep up, both speed and distance. When we stop, he's not even panting and nor really an 'athletic sort of dog (like our previous (rescue) whippets / lurchers).

And he's not even a butchers dog (well, he might have been during the

5 years before we rescued him). ;-)

If you are stuck indoors for 12 weeks, will the cat be with you or still roaming the neighbourhood?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Been there...

Our pussy cat is now reasonably OK about the food. But she will virtually never eat unless we are with her, crouched down and often stroking her. She will come and get one of us, if needed.

Amusingly, every so often she carries on eating if we sneak away. Until she notices...

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Eat the cat.

Reply to
alan_m

that is one impressive pussy...... :-)

Reply to
items4sale

I am reliably informed that cat tasted foul.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I woudln't have thought that pangolin would taste very nice either.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I bet it tastes just like chicken

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Apparently all that was down to some of the Chinese becoming affluent and hence have the money (and perceived status / powers such consumption brings them) to eat (and be in close proximity to) such exotics / endangered species?

Like our bird in a bird in a bird or a Hummingbird pie. ;-(

Would we be in this position if we were all vegetarians / vegans? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m