Subject Author Posted Replies

Glueing polycarbonate to aluminium
A friend in France needs to glue 2 items together to hold them in their relative positions until they're bolted on to his motorbike. I have no real details, just that it can't be done with clamps etc....
7
7

Lidl Drill
Dunno how they do it but £14.99 for a new 240v hammer drill with a keyless chuck is amazing value; one today, it works, the motors a little bit coarse but I'm well pleased at that price. Its even got...
1
1

Outside electrics sealing
The garden electrics started tripping the RCD so I opened up to investigate. When I installed the kit about ten years ago the insides were clean and dry. Now, there's a lot of mud, moisture, and...
1
1

Suspicious stain on paving slab
With the respite in the rain the last few days (hasn't rained since Thursday) all of our patio (18"x18" slabs) is dry. Except a small patch on one slab. Which rather worringly looks to be over the...
6
6

Water Leak...
Hmmm. Having had a puddle that didn't want to go away, we had been looking forward to a few dry (at least drier) days. But the puddle has actually got bigger. It now looks like it is actually a water...
20
20

Bosch diswasher - mechanical fault
You can get a complete unit from the Bosch soares website. They only take a cople of days to deliver. Bit don't do that! They cost a fortune. Replace the blue arm. On my machine, there is a lever on...
21
21

Baxi HE 80 plus intermittent CH timing problem
Hi, I have a Baxi 80 HE plus which firstly works fine for the hot water system. However for the central heating several times a week, the Central heating does not come on as per timer controls....
10
10

Who was asking about helicoid grease?
Recommended by several and a little goes a long way. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271052175856 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem

Screwfix Leadmate won't set
This isn't the No-Nonsense stuff - it's their previous product. On Friday I opened an unused tube of it, and fortunately applied only a 1/4 of the tube. It is just showing no sign of setting - not...
3
3

Floor tile removal
Uncanny how posts come up for jobs I've either just done, or am about to do. Apropos the Removing Floor Tiles thread, I started removing the ones in the bathroom today. PMF180 multi tool, fitted with...
3
3

OT Mechanic tosspot
Just noticed that on my bill from the garage that I was charged for adjusting the washer jets on my van when it had a few repairs done after it's MOT failure. Call me old fashioned but I preferred...
13
13

Lodger vs Bed and Breakfast Guest
I'm finding it quite difficult to determine the difference between making your home available to a lodger and making your home available for bed and breakfast. And what is a paying guest? Taking in a...
9
9

Rechargeable batteries
I do not give Xmas presents and still I receive some from my family. Now the grandfather opened one present from 2011. It is called ELECTRO CHALLENGE: I will use its contacts to make a testbed for my...
28
28

Instantaneous Hot water type kettle things
Modern consumer grade ones probably won't; I have direct experience of the crap that's now made with good names on them.
15
15

Are spammers monitoing here?
Interesting that there have been a spate of emails like this one of late. No real problem but it just seems strange. Must be getting desperate! Dear Parter, I am Glad to contact with you. We are...
7
7